A Simple Reply

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
MLavaty
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

A Simple Reply

Post by MLavaty »

Alright, so Simon deleted all of our replies to his comment yesterday. None of what anyone said was bad, in fact, everyone that replied to it seemed to be complimenting Simon on his efforts.

Simon - The thing that bothers me is that you said it was supposed to be locked and didn't take the time to read what anyone wrote. You asked a question in your comment... "I really don't know what to do! Should I start locking topics? Should I start ignoring question and/or users? Should I simply close the forum for a month?"

This implies, to me, that you wanted some sort of response, so I gave my input. Why then did I bother to waste my time if you simply deleted it without reading it?

Since you deleted it, I will post again, in hopes that it gets read.... it is my opinion that you should simply ignore re-posts of questions. There are enough solid members in this community that we can handle some of the grunt work of answering the same questions multiple times. However, everyone needs to realize that sometimes a question is asked in English or French only, so half the community misses out on the answer. So in reality, not all re-posts are truely people that are being lazy. I know when I use altavista to translate some of these French posts, it's like a 4 year old trying to talk, the translator is just too bad.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Please keep up the good work, we all appreciate everything you've done and continue to do! STHS is already far and away the best simulator I have used... better than HLS, HLS2, EHM, and FHL. Thank you!
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

Like I said in my deleated post, this kind of behaviour is really bad for business, and I'm startind to get a little pissed off myself by it. I made great efforts to find bugs, to test the sim so I can use it this year, and I will, but I'm not sure I'll recommend someone unfamiliar to the sim world to get this product as the support team don't seem to want to help new commish. If yopu don't want to help people, just close the damn forum.

For now, I'll stop comming here, I'll just wait new releases to see what's new

If you don't want the STHS to go down early, don't forget, the client is always right, even for somethings like "**" not to metion it if they think it's important
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

As I said before, the STHS is beta mode. What does beta mode means? It's mean no support. Is that good for business? No! So I did support for the beta. Is that good for business? Yes!

But I reach a point where I clearly see that I'm actually wasting my time giving support for the beta. People are not reading for information, people are not searching for information, people are complaining, etc. I'm actually putting more time on the forum that programming these days!

What really pushes me over the edge is that thread: http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1917
http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1934
http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1933

I'm not here to make money, I'm here to have fun and right now, I'm not having fun!
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
backeyes

Post by backeyes »

SimonT wrote:As I said before, the STHS is beta mode. What does beta mode means? It's mean no support. Is that good for business? No! So I did support for the beta. Is that good for business? Yes!

But I reach a point where I clearly see that I'm actually wasting my time giving support for the beta. People are not reading for information, people are not searching for information, people are complaining, etc. I'm actually putting more time on the forum that programming these days!

What really pushes me over the edge is that thread: http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1917

I'm not here to make money, I'm here to have fun and right now, I'm not having fun!
So. Why did you make your simulator beta paying? or just only keep demo for beta ...

If we cannot ask a question normally on forum, the beta version isn't for people yet and licences too.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

If Simon doesnt use only a demo for beta is really simple. Simon want to help YOU to migrate faster and easier from FHL to STHS. If commish starts working on STHS like 1 or 2 weeks before the beggining of the season what happen? All the commish will wait another season with FHL or they'll want start a season without be able to do it. Simon did beta public with a suport for you. But now I think we have a bit to much of suggestion and if Simon cant make it or dont have time or any other reason. anybody critics his decision. Simon wants to fix bug as fast as possible and have a stable version fast and maybe after on future version some of your suggesion will be in. So for now Simon work more on stability then on fashion or big and complicated suggestion. You can suggest some thinkg but if Simon say no it's no dont complain for 3 pages please...
I'm not sure I'll recommend someone unfamiliar to the sim world to get this product as the support team don't seem to want to help new commish.
I think any member of the support team try to help you. Personnaly I try the best as I can. If i'M not sure at 100% of the answer I try it before. I'm not very good in english but I never backdown from an english question. I try the best as I can to give a clear answer.
Nwha's young sensation!
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

I'm not even a part of the support team, and I am willing to offer any assistance I can provide... which isn't much at this point. But in the future, I'm sure I will be able to help more!
backeyes

Post by backeyes »

Kostitsyn1489 wrote:If Simon doesnt use only a demo for beta is really simple. Simon want to help YOU to migrate faster and easier from FHL to STHS. If commish starts working on STHS like 1 or 2 weeks before the beggining of the season what happen? All the commish will wait another season with FHL or they'll want start a season without be able to do it. Simon did beta public with a suport for you. But now I think we have a bit to much of suggestion and if Simon cant make it or dont have time or any other reason. anybody critics his decision. Simon wants to fix bug as fast as possible and have a stable version fast and maybe after on future version some of your suggesion will be in. So for now Simon work more on stability then on fashion or big and complicated suggestion. You can suggest some thinkg but if Simon say no it's no dont complain for 3 pages please...
I'm not sure I'll recommend someone unfamiliar to the sim world to get this product as the support team don't seem to want to help new commish.
I think any member of the support team try to help you. Personnaly I try the best as I can. If i'M not sure at 100% of the answer I try it before. I'm not very good in english but I never backdown from an english question. I try the best as I can to give a clear answer.
faster and easier but with pool support. Think about that.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

backeyes wrote:So. Why did you make your simulator beta paying? or just only keep demo for beta ...

If we cannot ask a question normally on forum, the beta version isn't for people yet and licences too.
1) As Kostitsyn1489 said, it's easier to test the simulator and plan your migration when you can actually save your league file.

2) I suggest to a few people to run test league of about 20 games without any playoff. Basically, get your GM, run an Automatic Fantasy Draft, Automatic Coach and simulate the game. This will help a lot of GM to get a feeling of the simulator and how to operate the client also.

French Link: http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1843
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

SimonT wrote:What really pushes me over the edge is that thread: http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1917

I saw "my" thread there... Just want to say that I'm sorry. Didn't want it to sound like I'm saying the same thing over and over again. (But maybe it did).

I don't know a word in french, and my english is limited. I'm finding it hard to express myself in here.

:|
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

The punishment for your crime shall be 100 minutes in the snake pit! lol :D
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

MLavaty wrote:The punishment for your crime shall be 100 minutes in the snake pit! lol :D
Was that to me?
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

yes lol..... and congrats on 100 posts!!
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Danke!

And 100 minutes is nothing........... ;)
Ark
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Ark »

Le vrai probleme c'est que Simon s'est servit de la communauter pour tester sont logiciel et avoir du feedback. Alors c'est exactement ca qu'il a... du feedback. Peut-etres la grande majoriter sont inutile ou plutot non comforme a ce que Simon prevois pour sont logiciel mais c'est la grande realiter quand on s'y prend de cette facon et il faut faire avec surtout quand la suggestion est supporter par 50% des futur utilisateurs. C'est comme ca pour tout logiel. Il faut juste savoir trier de facon efficace. Aucun besoin de prendre ca personnel. Si ca derange tant que ca ben on avais juste a ne pas ouvrir le forum et tester et trouver les bugs entre "chums" et sortir le produit fini quand il auras ete pret. Probablement 6 mois plus tard!!!

Je peut paraitre ruff sur les bord mais je vais dire tout haut ce que plusieurs pense tout bas. Me semble qui a personne jusqu'a maintenant qui a mis de la pression sur Simon ou qui l'a attaquer personnellement, pour ajouter ou changer des choses. On s'est limiter a donner des suggestions dans la section des devinner quoi..... et bien oui la section des "suggestions". Hors j'ai vu plusieurs malheureux qui ont ossez essayer s'impliquer se faire rammasser ou par Simon ou par ses "Disciples" qui veulent probablement se mettre en valeur et ce a chaque fois qu'on ne pense pas comme eux. Donne leurs donc un morceau de robot a chacun d'entre eux a la place svp.

Serieusement plusieurs d'entre nous remettons maintenant en question ce fameux simulateur non pas pour sont contenue mais plutot de la facon que la situation est gerer. Je te sent depasser par la populariter du STHS.

Simon tu a choisis de sortir de l'annonima et de partager ton travail avec la communauter en acceptant des testeurs et des suggestions publique. Par contre ceux qui ne pense pas comme toi se font traiter cavalierement. Il fallais tout simplement rester dans l'annonima et n'ent sortir que losque tu aurais fini ton produit. Plusieurs se sont senti utiliser pour la grosse job de trouver des bugs et ensuite rejeter pour ossez lever le doigt.

Comme plusieurs je vais maintenant me tenir loin et attendre le produit final avant de juger si ca vaut le coup.

Simon tu a fais un travail remarquable en un temps record mais c'est justement grace a la communauter si tu a pu corriger les bugs aussi rapidement. Sil-te plais ne crache pas sur eux maintenant pour un choix que "tu" a fais en ouvrant le forum et surtout la section des suggestions.

En tout cas je te souhaite de reussir et de trouver bon conseil pour le reste du projet.
LCH
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by LCH »

Wow tout ca deviens vraiment plate et surtout inutile dans le développement du STHS!
Stanley D.
STHS Beta Testers
Fondateur LCH
Admin Réseau-STHS-Network(En stand-by)