Sale?

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
neoen
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Sale?

Post by neoen »

How do I go about transferring my license to someone else? I have no use for this software anymore, and I'd like to give it to a friend.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Re: Sale?

Post by Icepilot »

I don't believe it's possible to do so.

http://sths.simont.info/License_En.php
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

Icepilot wrote:I don't believe it's possible to do so.

http://sths.simont.info/License_En.php
Why not?

Couldn't you just unregister it on your comp then give the registration number to your friend? This would allow him to register it on another comp.

It DOES work.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Read the License Rules: #8 would apply to this as he can't change the name applied to the license he purchased.

2. OWNERSHIP. The Software is owned and copyrighted by Vendor and/or its licensors. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Software and is not a sale of any rights in the Software.

3. GRANT OF LICENSE. Vendor grants You the following rights provided You comply with all terms and conditions of this agreement. For each license You have acquired for the Software:
a. You are granted a non-exclusive right to use and install ONE copy of the software.
b. You may make one copy for backup or archival purposes.
c. You may run unlimited number of league

4. RESTRICTED USE.
a. You agree to use reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized copying of the Software.
b. You may not share, rent, or lease Your right to use the Software.
c. You may not modify, sublicense, copy, rent, sell, distribute or transfer any part of the Software except as provided in this Agreement.
d. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, translate, create derivative works, decipher, decrypt, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a more human-readable form for any reason.
e. You may not use the Software for any purpose that is unlawful.

8. SUBLICENSING. You may not sublicense the Software or your rights under this license.

9. TERMINATION. Vendor may terminate Your license if You do not abide by the license terms. Termination of the license may include, but not be limited to, marking the Product ID as invalid to prevent further installations. Vendor's third party licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of the terms and conditions of this license. You agree to indemnify Vendor and its licensors for reasonable attorney fees in enforcing its rights pursuant to this license.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

It's illegal to transfers your license. You baught the right to use the software for you and you only.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

SO I couldn't transfer it from say my comp in one house to my GF's comp in another?
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

If YOUR the one going to be using the program then yes you can. You cannot sell the license to someone else.
neoen

Post by neoen »

shitty times...seeing that this program is now written in .NET, I would love to see the full potential come around and the web client finally made.

Unfortunately I don't see that, and It makes zero sense for me to drop FHLSim for this product at this time. I had a lot of hope for it with the new ftp option, but it really doesnt achieve what I wanted. GM's still need to put way to much effort and I'm not for that. Look at it like voting. Would you rather go to the voting station and vote on a piece of preprinted paper, or go to the store buy paper, come home print on it, then go to the voting station to check your box.

Hopefully you come around on this idea Simon. Something I would love to help with, and something I think could even be built as a side project, much like the portal program.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

I am confused ?

What were you expecting from the sim ?
GM's still need to put way to much effort and I'm not for that.
Part of the sim is to have GM's actually do something on their part. Prepare and send in lines etc.

All the portal program does is take the sim outputted CSV or XML files and converts them to the php pages.

And the big difference between the FHL & STHS right now is that the STHS is still getting updates & 99.9999% bug free (and in my opinion is a better sim thathas most of the FHL type add-ons built in) while the FHL bug ridden and has not had an update in something like 5 years.
neoen

Post by neoen »

i guess what i want to do is give my gms the ability to set their lines from a kiosk pc, or an iphone while standing in line for coffee, or a work pc, or a school pc, etc.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Icepilot wrote:And the big difference between the FHL & STHS right now is that the STHS is still getting updates & 99.9999% bug free (and in my opinion is a better sim thathas most of the FHL type add-ons built in) while the FHL bug ridden and has not had an update in something like 5 years.
To be exact, 5 years and 195 days since the lastest stable release of FHL. :)
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
neoen

Post by neoen »

I dont think its 99.999999 thats a little over the top. Maybe 90-95% Professionally developed games arent even 99% bug free.
neoen

Post by neoen »

On a funny note, you think we'll ever here from the owner of that software again? I've heard rumors he's dead.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Last i heard he is not dead. He did try to release a updated version with the shoot-out but is was even more buggy than the last stable version they had. or should i say as stable as he could have gotten it.
joejiz
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by joejiz »

when you unregister and re-register, the server recognises the change on simon's end.

I really wish the online line changes could happen. hopefully next year it's sorted out... worth the wait!