Editing Unique Player IDs

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
jerky
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Editing Unique Player IDs

Post by jerky »

Is there a way to edit unique player IDs in the sim? Every time I delete a player who's retired or has left the NHL, when I add a new rookie, he takes the player's ID and his past stats (when I check on the web portal)

This is very frustrating and in a few years it seems that all the players stats on the portal will be messed up.

I'm sure there's a simple way to give everyone a permanent ID (I've kept a list of retired player's IDs) I just need a way to edit them and upload them back into the simulator.

When I "Output Ratings CSV" with the sim, it has the ID numbers....but I can't import that same file after if I edit the IDs.

The ratings file that I used doesn't have a column with player IDs, but like I said, when I output it, it does for some reason. Is it as simple as cutting and pasting that column into my ratings file?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Editing Unique Player IDs

Post by SimonT »

What version of the STHS do you run? Technically, players UniqueID number should increment by 1 each time you create a new player. If the number is incorrect right now, you can try the "Reset Players Unique ID" command to fix the issue.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français