Weird Issue with v1 - Wondering if its coincidence or not?

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
CMHLCommish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Weird Issue with v1 - Wondering if its coincidence or not?

Post by CMHLCommish »

Hi Simon,

Just a quick question. We are running v1 still in our league, and we have three different people simming, each with their own unique licensed version of the simulator.
We have been finding that whenever someone runs the sim on their computer, they have an abnormally high rate of success compared to when they don't run the simulator.

GM #1 - 17-1-1 when he sims, 10-9-6 when one of the others sims
GM #2 - 23-4-1 when he sims, 8-9-1 when one of the others sims
GM #3 - 5-3 when he sims, 12-21-5 when one of the others sims

I know the first thing that comes to mind is that these people might be cheating by resimming until they win, but these are long time GMs (been part of the league for almost 10 years)...we're pretty convinced that's not it. GM #2, for example, has only recently started simming and was very successful in our league even before he started simming.

I'm just wondering if you can think of anything that might explain this?
I was wondering if the 'team chemistry' functionality was specific to the simulator itself and not to the league file. For example, could a team have really good chemistry in one copy of the simulator but not in the other?

Thanks!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Weird Issue with v1 - Wondering if its coincidence or no

Post by SimonT »

CMHLCommish wrote:I was wondering if the 'team chemistry' functionality was specific to the simulator itself and not to the league file.
It's specific to a league, not the simulator itself.

The question I might ask you is the following. Does the GM who is simming is tweaking his line after he saw the other team line he's playing against?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
CMHLCommish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: Weird Issue with v1 - Wondering if its coincidence or no

Post by CMHLCommish »

I suppose that could be possible too, but I don't think it would account for this. GMs in our league don't update their lines that frequently or that dramatically. Any GM could typically get a very good sense of the opponents lines for their next game just by looking at that team's last game.

Thank you for answering my question though. That is good to know.