Am I the only one who finds this strange?

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
Philippe27
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Am I the only one who finds this strange?

Post by Philippe27 »

I have simmed over 20 seasons so far with different sets of ratings and always find assists to be very low and PP to be very low as well.
I know I talked about this before but it seems I'm the only one who had pointed this out when I think it's a MAJOR issues.
If someone has been able to get somewhat realistic stats (leader in assists around 90 assists and leading scorer around 55-60 goals) could you please show it to me.
Mr.Shill
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Mr.Shill »

In my view, that's not a major issue at all.
Then again, my simmed league isn't even hockey (it's roller hockey). There's no need to get "realistic" results.

I'm not saying that the ability to produce present-day-NHL-like results wouldn't be appreciated, because for a good number of leagues, it would be.
But it'll be just as important to be able to generate 80's or 90's results for the retro leagues... or some other entirely different results; like a commissionner who'd like to create a league where the nets are 15 feet wide (and thus have goalies with low save %, etc.)

Quite frankly, to me, it's more important that different strategies and types of teams can all be winning strategies. That a gritty physical team isn't disadvantaged because the speedier teams always win (or vice versa), etc.

Anyhow, it's much more important that my league can have totally different results than yours, and the next guy's. The ability to create a unique league is primordial.
FELcommish

Re: Am I the only one who finds this strange?

Post by FELcommish »

Philippe27 wrote:I have simmed over 20 seasons so far with different sets of ratings and always find assists to be very low and PP to be very low as well.
I know I talked about this before but it seems I'm the only one who had pointed this out when I think it's a MAJOR issues.
If someone has been able to get somewhat realistic stats (leader in assists around 90 assists and leading scorer around 55-60 goals) could you please show it to me.
Your goalie ratings are too high i am sure, and probably your defensemen as well. Yes i have seen and lived through the problem, just drop your goalies all by like 3-5 OV, and Dmen by 2-3, then you can hit 70 goals if your team is stacked to the rafters. When i am done with my new ratings my max goalie will be 83OV and there will only be 3 of them, but avg #1 goalies will be 78-79OV.
FEL Commish/ EHL Admin http://www.elitehockeyleagues.com
Philippe27

Re: Am I the only one who finds this strange?

Post by Philippe27 »

FELcommish wrote:
Philippe27 wrote:I have simmed over 20 seasons so far with different sets of ratings and always find assists to be very low and PP to be very low as well.
Your goalie ratings are too high i am sure, and probably your defensemen as well. Yes i have seen and lived through the problem, just drop your goalies all by like 3-5 OV, and Dmen by 2-3, then you can hit 70 goals if your team is stacked to the rafters. When i am done with my new ratings my max goalie will be 83OV and there will only be 3 of them, but avg #1 goalies will be 78-79OV.
I'm not worried about the number of goals, that can be fixed with the sliders. The problem is PP% (is that adjusted by dropping goalies) and number of assists which I'm 99.9% sure can't be fixed.
FELcommish

Post by FELcommish »

when you lower you goalies alot PP% will go up with that, and with goals going up the assists will follow
FEL Commish/ EHL Admin http://www.elitehockeyleagues.com
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

FELcommish wrote:when you lower you goalies alot PP% will go up with that, and with goals going up the assists will follow
I don't want goals to go up, I want assists to go up.
Do you have a set of ratings that gives semi realistic stats I can take a look at or does anyone else have one?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Did I make myself clear here? (French Topic and Quote)

http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic ... ight=#5619
SimonT wrote:2) L'option Full Play by Play dit EXACTEMENT ce qui arrive dans le simulateur. C'est là que tu dois trouver des bugs. Quand tu me dis qu'il n'y a pas assez de passe pour le nombre de buts ou le contraire, je n'ai AUCUNE idée de quoi changé. Dit-moi que les gardiens gèlent trop souvent la rondelle dans un match, là, je vais comprendre! Dit-moi qu'il y a trop de hors jeu dans un match, là, je vais te comprendre. Je ne vois pas le simulateur comme vous. Chacun action (Passe, Lancé, Mise en Échec, …) est un bout de code avec une formule spécifique.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

SimonT wrote:Did I make myself clear here? (French Topic and Quote)

http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic ... ight=#5619
SimonT wrote:2) L'option Full Play by Play dit EXACTEMENT ce qui arrive dans le simulateur. C'est là que tu dois trouver des bugs. Quand tu me dis qu'il n'y a pas assez de passe pour le nombre de buts ou le contraire, je n'ai AUCUNE idée de quoi changé. Dit-moi que les gardiens gèlent trop souvent la rondelle dans un match, là, je vais comprendre! Dit-moi qu'il y a trop de hors jeu dans un match, là, je vais te comprendre. Je ne vois pas le simulateur comme vous. Chacun action (Passe, Lancé, Mise en Échec, …) est un bout de code avec une formule spécifique.
I did, I told you very few goals are scored on rebounds and deflections etc and that's how probably over 50% of the goals are scored in the NHL. On those goals there are a lot of assists and there aren't on passes intercepted which turn into goals.
joesstars1

Post by joesstars1 »

the seasons i have simmed i have found the results to be pretty similar to what i got from FHL...yes it is a little different and i am still playing with the settings cause i tend to get either too much scoring or not enough, but things dont look that out of whack from what you are stating

Who in the NHL has averaged 90 assists per season anyways?

if there is someone i doubt its that many players, maybe only Thornton this season?
NRHL Commish/10 seasons and counting
http://nrhl.haymakerhockey.net
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

joesstars1 wrote:the seasons i have simmed i have found the results to be pretty similar to what i got from FHL...yes it is a little different and i am still playing with the settings cause i tend to get either too much scoring or not enough, but things dont look that out of whack from what you are stating

Who in the NHL has averaged 90 assists per season anyways?

if there is someone i doubt its that many players, maybe only Thornton this season?
Do you mind sending me the rerates you are using?
Yeah only Thornton had 95 assists but I don't understand how it's so easy to get a 70-75 goal scorer while difficult to get a guy with 70 assists.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Philippe27 wrote:I did, I told you very few goals are scored on rebounds and deflections etc and that's how probably over 50% of the goals are scored in the NHL. On those goals there are a lot of assists and there aren't on passes intercepted which turn into goals.
Version History for 0.9.3.

Modify the simulation to lower the chance that a goalie stops a shot after a rebound, blocked shots or shot misses goalie condition.

Link: http://sths.simont.info/VersionHistory_En.php

Did you test that? I doubt because you complain on the 23 that I release 0.9.3 on the 24!
-SimonT
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

SimonT wrote:
Philippe27 wrote:I did, I told you very few goals are scored on rebounds and deflections etc and that's how probably over 50% of the goals are scored in the NHL. On those goals there are a lot of assists and there aren't on passes intercepted which turn into goals.
Version History for 0.9.3.

Modify the simulation to lower the chance that a goalie stops a shot after a rebound, blocked shots or shot misses goalie condition.

Link: http://sths.simont.info/VersionHistory_En.php

Did you test that? I doubt because you complain on the 23 that I release 0.9.3 on the 24!
Yeah I just tested it again today, had the same results. Every time I try to do anything to increase the assists the goals increase by a bigger percentage.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Philippe27 wrote:Yeah I just tested it again today, had the same results. Every time I try to do anything to increase the assists the goals increase by a bigger percentage.
As vague as usuall. Read again previous message.
-SimonT
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

SimonT wrote:
Philippe27 wrote:Yeah I just tested it again today, had the same results. Every time I try to do anything to increase the assists the goals increase by a bigger percentage.
As vague as usuall. Read again previous message.
My suggestion is the same, goalies should give up more rebounds and more goals should be scored on them. That's how probably 3/4 of the goals are scored in the NHL if not more.
I'm trying to help but you're the programmer and the part I don't understand is why am I the only one who seems to care about this?
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

The problem is that some assista arent't given
Example on a play
Puck retreived by Francis Bouillon. Francis Bouillon moves puck in neutral zone. Pass by Francis Bouillon intercepted by Nathan Dempsey. Pass to Scott Walker in Montreal Canadiens zone. Pass to Greg Johnson. Pass to Martin Erat. Pass to Greg Johnson. Shot by Greg Johnson. Goal by Greg Johnson

Johnson, Erat, Dempsey and Walker are all on the same team and the official was
Boston Bruins , Greg Johnson 6 (Martin Erat) at 2:37
Walker should have had an assists on that goal.
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com