Stupid Lines File Question

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Stupid Lines File Question

Post by Violent Ed »

Anyways, I was just wondering if there was a way to stop STHS from deleting the lines files from the input folder? If I overlooked something, sorry, but I can't seem to find anything about this.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

I do believe there is an option but since i am not in front of the sim i can't say where it is. Check your option tabs.
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

I dont think there is a option to do so, as I do recall it being requested multiple times but to no avail. Just get your GMs to use the copy line function, or do there lines over the 10 days that available in the sim. If no lines are loaded and there are none in memory, the sim tends to revert to the old lines for the pro and auto on the farm.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

One of the first feature Simon created was about deleting lines that got loaded. I'm pretty sure it's still there. I doubt he'd have taken that option out.
Nwha's young sensation!
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

you read it wrong, he doesnt want the files deleted .........
Kev
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: Stupid Lines File Question

Post by Kev »

Violent Ed wrote:Anyways, I was just wondering if there was a way to stop STHS from deleting the lines files from the input folder? If I overlooked something, sorry, but I can't seem to find anything about this.

I think that they won't be deleted if you disable the option allowing GMs to make their lines for the next 10 days.

If it's not working, i'll try to create a batch file that backup your files than put it back after you simmed.
Kevin Belleau
STHS support team / Équipe de support STHS

Président de la LAHSQ
Ancien président de la LVHQ, 2002 - 2007
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

Oh sorry i mis-read. If you use the 10 games line thing you dont have to load after every sim. If you do even if you're at the 7th game you'll load your first day line if I'm not mistaken.
Nwha's young sensation!
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

OK

So all this means is that they will ALWAYS get deleted?

And if I turn off the ten day lines thing, they will not get deleted?
ßigWolf
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Stupid Lines File Question

Post by ßigWolf »

lvhq wrote:
Violent Ed wrote:Anyways, I was just wondering if there was a way to stop STHS from deleting the lines files from the input folder? If I overlooked something, sorry, but I can't seem to find anything about this.

I think that they won't be deleted if you disable the option allowing GMs to make their lines for the next 10 days.

If it's not working, i'll try to create a batch file that backup your files than put it back after you simmed.
I got this configuration and the sim delete all line at each simulation
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

An easy fix for you is that the files will be deleted after being loaded, they will then end up in your windows trash bin. Open your trash bin and hi-lite the lines files. right click and then chose restore, they will go back to your STHS Input folder.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Lines files are always delete after they are loaded. There is no option to change that behavior as I see no point why you would have to reload your lines twice. The simulator keeps will continue using them until you change them or a player gets injured.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

Just curious really. Good to know the sim will continue until needed to be changed.

Thanks.......
gamblor
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by gamblor »

Here is a good reason whyI believe this should be changed in the simulator so that the line changes should stay in the input file and not be deleted to the bin. Some of my GM's that are close to the Salary Cap send in there lines and then after a few days pass and the sim autos their roster and lines by sending in a player with a higher rating and a higher salary.

There for puts the teams over the salary cap and I can't sim games so I have to fine the general manager (thinking it was his fault) and send his player through waivers. Then realize it was the sim's fault after checking the recent transactions page so this really gets very frustrating. I do have the auto function off in the options but it still happens again after a few days.

It looks like my managers have to send in lines every night which some can't to stop this from happening every time. That’s why I believe line change files should stay in the input file and not be deleted so it will stop the sim from doing auto every so often.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

If the simulator made a Auto-Roster/Auto-Lines, it's because the last lines loaded were incorrect (They can stay correct for 2 days then become incorrect days 3 for trade, injury, etc). Re-loading them would not solve the problem.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
CNGHL Angus
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by CNGHL Angus »

I find it counter-intuitive to offer an "Automatically Load Lines Files from Lines Input Folder" option but still have the Sim delete all the files into the Trash Bin.

With FHLSim, I used to copy new lines I received directly into the Lines folder as soon as I received them from a GM. The new lines overwrote older lines and I always had each team's most current lines in the folder. The Auto Load Lines feature saved me additional steps of loading individual team's lines one by one. On a busy day with 9 teams sending in lines (for example), I could be simming a lot faster than I am now. As it is now, all my lines reside in the Input folder and I have to load new lines manually. I worry sometimes that I'll miss a set.

It would super cool to at least have the option of deleting the files or make it so that enabling the 10-day feature prevents the option from working.