Two Suggestions For V2

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Two Suggestions For V2

Post by Kramden23 »

1. There should be an option to set the minimum input number for goals scored resulting in the goalie being pulled.

In my league we have a maximum number of games that a goalie can start. When teams put in their backup but really want their starter to play (and still get credit for a backup start) all they have to do is set this option to 1 goal. I would like to prevent this by setting the minimum input number allowed. Basically the same as "MAX pull in 3rd period (sec)", this would be MIN minimum # of goals.

2. Prospects separated by position. It would be nice to have it more organized and would be easier to look through players by position when discussing trades. Example.....

Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Two Suggestions For V2

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

1) The Fatigue option is there to stop this type of behavior and you simply have to put an aggressive setting for goalies. After this, if you really want to be aggressive, you simply have to put league rules that state that any team with a goalies X minutes play at the end of the season will be remove from the playoff (Manual Playoff) and/or lost their first round draft pick.
2) 1) Prospect doesn’t have any position. 2) Are you showing me the HTML5 website or the Dynamic Website (http://sths.simont.info/WebsiteDemo/ProTeam.php?Team=23)?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

We have a rule that a goalie can't start more than 65 games. However an easy loophole is to play your backup goalie and set the goalie pull number to 1 goal. It would be extremely helpful to have an option such as this...

I know prospects don't have positions but they should have at least F/D/G and be separated so you don't just have a big list of names. It would look much nicer :wink:

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I think the rule of having of “can't start more than 65 games” is not the best method to archived the behaviour you want. I think it’s better if “can’t play more than 3900 minutes”.
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

Well we like the way our rule works and we're not really looking to change it 8)
It's basically the same thing as having an input for and setting limits on "MAX pull in 3rd period (sec)".
I thought it would be something easy for you to add and would help a lot, so I figured I'd ask :)

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi,

Well, I'll ask you to read this (http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1941), first bullet point. 8)
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:Hi,

Well, I'll ask you to read this (http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1941), first bullet point. 8)
Well I don't know every leagues rules but I do know that there are a bunch of leagues that have the same goalie starts rule that we do. If their GMs are smart enough then they can figure out that if you set your goalie pull # to 1 goal then you can get your starter in the game and it doesn't count as a game started.

There are several options in the sim that allow for min/max inputs.....min players per team, max players per team, time remaining to pull goalie (max pull in 3rd pd.), ticket prices, max FA offers, max farm OV, max line times, force strategies at 5 points etc... I don't see how this is any different. It also makes no sense that a team would pull their goalie after only 1 goal, but at least having the option to force it to be more than X amount of goals would be nice.

I've made many, many suggestions over the years and feel they've all served a purpose. I mean let's be honest, it's not like I'm bugging you over and over to add jersey numbers just because "I want" jersey numbers even though they serve no actual function in the sim.

Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Increasing fatigue factor on shots faced could be a part of the solution of your goalie problem. If they drop more often in condition, GM will have no choice then to put the backup goalie in at least 10 times a year.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

Foo wrote:Increasing fatigue factor on shots faced could be a part of the solution of your goalie problem. If they drop more often in condition, GM will have no choice then to put the backup goalie in at least 10 times a year.
That might help a bit, but it would still be a nice option to have in the sim.

I can't imagine I'm the only one who would like to prevent their GMs from pulling a goalie after 1 goal.

Sure you can argue if that's what a GMs wants to do then they should be allowed to do so, but then why have an option to restrict something like max goalie pull in 3rd? If a GM wants to pull their goalie with 19:00 remaining in the 3rd then why have an option to restrict that?

Obviously that's not realistic, but niether is pulling a goalie after 1 goal allowed, unless they were injured it never happens.

The best part about this sim is the endless combination of options to be able to tailor it how you want for your league and obviously every league is different. I thought this suggestion would be another addition to that ability, but maybe I'm alone on this one lol

buckie54
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by buckie54 »

It would be very useful in my league as well.
Thanks
Brent
OCHL Commish
Simon Beaudoin
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Simon Beaudoin »

I agree with the suggestion about the prospects.
Simon Beaudoin
Commissaire FHLQ
20e année d'existence
http://www.fhlq.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Kramden23 wrote:1. There should be an option to set the minimum input number for goals scored resulting in the goalie being pulled.
This is done for 3.0.4. It'll not be in version 2.
-SimonT