Mobile version of the Dynamic website

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
rollollon
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Mobile version of the Dynamic website

Post by rollollon »

Of course an app would be an awsome solution but I figure that is a lot of work?
Otherwise maybe the site recognises a phone adjusting to fit the screen might be an option. I am not a programmer but I see there is a difference between those two.

I can just feel the community growing a lot if this could work with all people being on their phones these days instead of sitting with their laptops. :D
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Mobile version of the Dynamic website

Post by ynohtna »

It's already pretty decent browsing around. I just had a teenager look at the web client on my phone and he was pretty impressed how easy it was!

Most things don't need apps, a good well designed, compliant website is perfect for STHS, STHS doesn't need a specific app which need maintenance for each phone OS.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
rollollon

Post by rollollon »

ynohtna wrote:It's already pretty decent browsing around. I just had a teenager look at the web client on my phone and he was pretty impressed how easy it was!

Most things don't need apps, a good well designed, compliant website is perfect for STHS, STHS doesn't need a specific app which need maintenance for each phone OS.
Is there i difference web browsing on the new web client site and the old index site without the web client? I still have not tried the new one.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

ynohtna wrote:It's already pretty decent browsing around. I just had a teenager look at the web client on my phone and he was pretty impressed how easy it was!

Ah.. This is gold to read for me. ;) I'll have a nice night of sleep because of this comment.

I have a freaking old iphone 4 running IOS6 and the version 3 website (http://sths.simont.info/WebsiteDemo/) load nicely on it. Even the online roster editor work fine on it. Sadly, the lines Editor is not there yet but I know Shawn is working to get it done. Try the demo website from your phone or tablet to see it for yourself.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

rollollon wrote:Is there i difference web browsing on the new web client site and the old index site without the web client? I still have not tried the new one.
Yea the standard php ones are way better. I can't wait to start cutting and pasting code all over my site lol.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
rollollon

Post by rollollon »

:D Good news! I really like this info.

I take this opportunity to post another suggestion for the Dynamic website.
I know a Gm mailbox is there and a chat function is on the "to do" list.
Another function that will be awsome is a comment field on the HomePage for all gms to post whatever they want like it is on the web portal now.

Maybe also a function for commish to adjust the HomePage with showing the info he sees best to show.

Like for me I would like to have news, latest trades, waivers and the comment field already mentioned.
And while we are on the subject maybe a photo to add to the news article. I saw player photos already was implemented so I guess this may already be on planning stage.

Maybe also some graphics on team logos on the HomePage.

Lats but not least maybe an option for commish to adjust how many links to be able to click on. So that if you would like you could have just the most necessary links avaliable.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

rollollon wrote: Another function that will be awsome is a comment field on the HomePage for all gms to post whatever they want like it is on the web portal now.
Note Taken under "Comment from a news"
rollollon wrote:Maybe also a function for commish to adjust the HomePage with showing the info he sees best to show. Like for me I would like to have news, latest trades, waivers and the comment field already mentioned.
This required you to change the code of index.php webpage. You can edit the index.php to move it around. Section 11.2 of the manual can help you.

I understand what you means by “section” but this is far belong my knowledge now.

rollollon wrote:And while we are on the subject maybe a photo to add to the news article. I saw player photos already was implemented so I guess this may already be on planning stage.
This is already possible. The news editor allow you include images (1 to 1,000,000) in your code.

rollollon wrote:Maybe also some graphics on team logos on the HomePage.
Like the WebPortal Logo at the very top of index homepage?
rollollon wrote:Lats but not least maybe an option for commish to adjust how many links to be able to click on. So that if you would like you could have just the most necessary links avaliable..
I'm not sure to understand this one. Can you elaborate?
-SimonT
rollollon

Post by rollollon »

SimonT wrote:
rollollon wrote: Another function that will be awsome is a comment field on the HomePage for all gms to post whatever they want like it is on the web portal now.
Note Taken under "Comment from a news"

OK, BUT YOU MEAN ONLY UNDER A NEWSARTICLE? IF A GM WANTS TO JUST POST SOMETHING RANDOMLY HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT?
rollollon wrote:Maybe also a function for commish to adjust the HomePage with showing the info he sees best to show. Like for me I would like to have news, latest trades, waivers and the comment field already mentioned.
This required you to change the code of index.php webpage. You can edit the index.php to move it around. Section 11.2 of the manual can help you.

OK SO IF I EDIT THE "INDEX.PHP" AND MOVE THINGS AROUND I CAN ADJUST HOW THE INDEX.HTML OUTPUT DESIGN LOOKS?
rollollon wrote:And while we are on the subject maybe a photo to add to the news article. I saw player photos already was implemented so I guess this may already be on planning stage.
This is already possible. The news editor allow you include images (1 to 1,000,000) in your code.

GOOD STUFF :D
rollollon wrote:Maybe also some graphics on team logos on the HomePage.
Like the WebPortal Logo at the very top of index homepage?

YES FOR EXAMPLE. THAT IS A GOOD WAY OF EASY GETTING TO THE TEAM AND ALSO IT WOULD LOOK NICE TO SEE THE TEAM LOGOS ON THE INDEX PAGE.
rollollon wrote:Lats but not least maybe an option for commish to adjust how many links to be able to click on. So that if you would like you could have just the most necessary links avaliable..
I'm not sure to understand this one. Can you elaborate?
MAYBE YOU ANSWERED THIS IN THE PREVIOUS QUESTION WHERE YOY CAN ADJUST THE INDEX.PHP? WHAT I MEANT HERE WAS THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF STUFF TO CLICK ON AND MAYBE YOU COULD ERASE SOME MENUS YOU WOULD NOT LIKE TO BE SHOWN JUST TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND THE IMPORTANT THINGS. BUT MAYBE YOU CAN AS YOU WROTE EARLIER ABOUT MOVING THINGS AROUND IN INDEX.PHP YOU COULD ALSO ERASE LINKS.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

You can edit the index.php or make your own. Check the manual section 11.2 (Version 3 Dynamic Website)
-SimonT