optional Player Type

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Blackhawk
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

optional Player Type

Post by Blackhawk »

My suggestion is based on this:
When a player has the puck, he needs to make a decision of what to do with it. There are 3 results possible: skate, pass or shot. It doesn’t matter if the player skills are at 50 or 99 for this formula. The player’s skills are compared between each other’s for this formula.

The decision is based on 5 skills:
Skating (Primary) and Puck Handling (Limited affect) are uses to decide if the players skate.
Passing (Primary) and Defense (Limited affect) are uses to decide if the players pass.
Scoring (Primary) is uses to decide if the player shot.
So, a players with 99 in the 5 skills has the same % of chance to shot to the net that a player who has 50 in the 50 skills.

top players like kane, mac david, crosby - you name it - usually have top-ratings in each of these skills... so i think, there could be one reason why there are different topics about top-players who don't score... so what about this...

i would like to have an possibility in the client (for the GM) to set a player-type for each player... sniper, playmaker, grinder, etc... so if a player ist marked as a sniper the SC-rating gets a little boost... so that the player more likely choose to shoot on goal...

this should more be a can then a must for the GM... so if nothing is market it works like now... perhaps there can be a checkbox in the sim where commish can allow this or not...

what you think about that...

don't look at my english... i'm a non-english-speaking-european... :)

thanks...
Blackhawk

Re: optional Player Type

Post by Blackhawk »

forgot...

when there are 3 options (skating, passing, shooting), there should be 3 type of players as well...

- playmaker -> boost the skating
- sniper -> boost the shooting
- passer -> boost the passing
36Henry

Post by 36Henry »

With good ratings you already have different player types. Telling the Sim how a player plays the game is what the ratings are for. If your ratings can't do that, the problem is with the ratings, not the Sim (or the players).
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

thanks for being destructive... i disagree... ratings are here to tell how good a player is in each category...

so kane is one of the best skater in the league... was one of the best passer (3rd) and one of the best scorer (2nd) last year...

so my ratings are... SK97, PA98, SC98... whats wrong with these ratings and tell me whats wrong to tell the sim what i would like most that kane does... like a coach can do...

you can set ice-time per line, strategy in generell and strategy per line... why not give players some individual jobs... it only makes the game even better...
36Henry

Post by 36Henry »

Respectfully, I disagree too. If you don't consider the ratings to be what dictates how the game is being played, I'm not sure what to think.

Out of curiosity; how is Patrick Kane doing in your league?

What a coach does is he matches Patrick Kane, and others like him, with players who will complement his skills. Was Artem Anisimov ever considered to be the center that would take Kane's game to the next level, or capable of being a #1 center in any capacity at the NHL level? How many fans in North America had even heard of Artemi Panarin before he joined the Hawks (I know us Europeans had seen him already when he was the best player for the goon squad in Vityaz but that's not the point here)? That line is so explosive because the skill sets of those three players fit perfectly together, not because Joel Quenneville told them to find instant chemistry; "you know what guys, if the three of you played like the best line in hockey that would be really good". If coaching was that simple anyone could do it. Go back a few years, did anyone consider Brendan Morrison a true #1 center before he was placed on a line with Bertuzzi and Naslund? Was even Bertuzzi considered great before that line came together (or since that line was split up)? Even Naslund wasn't a dominant player before those three clicked.

Your proposal is to eliminate the element of coaching from the game, not to have more of it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

36Henry wrote:Was Artem Anisimov ever considered to be the center that would take Kane's game to the next level
oh man... you thin anisimov took kane's game to the next level? you really think? have you seen one of the blackhawks game last year? it wasn't anisimov who took kanes game to the next level... it wasn't panarin... but it was kane to help panarin get the calder... :)

and believe me... i saw all the hawks-game last year...

but let simon or one of his staff answer my suggestion... and if you dont need it... just dont activate it... but let others get the chance to get a good feature...

i agree with some aspects of you... but... you know what the sim is missing? human intelligence... the sim only calculate... he doesnt know kane... or panarin or anisimov.. and if there is the same chance to shoot pass oder skate for a 90 90 90 skater... let me help him to decide... :)
36Henry

Post by 36Henry »

Blackhawk wrote:
36Henry wrote:but let simon or one of his staff answer my suggestion...
By all means :lol:
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

This suggestion is impossible for me to implement without creating another simulation engine. And sadly for you, I have enough of 4 simulations engines.

Sorry.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français