Corsi/Fenwick Stats

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
mpclardy
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Corsi/Fenwick Stats

Post by mpclardy »

This may be a big ask, but I think it could be done, given the Play by Play section of the simulator. Could we introduce Corsi and Fenwick for both skaters and goalies? I'm not sure if this falls under the same umbrella as Giveaways and Takeaways tracker in that calculating these stats will mess with sim as a whole, but it would be cool to see possession stats other than +/- in the sim. There is a basic formula for each of these 4 statistics (Corsi For %, Fenwick For %, Corsi Save %, and Fenwick Save %):

CF% = 100% * (Shots On Goal For + Missed Shots For + Blocked Shots For)/(Shots On Goal For + Missed Shots For + Blocked Shots For + Shots On Goal Against + Missed Shots Against + Blocked Shots Against)

FF% = 100% * (Shots On Goal For + Missed Shots For)/(Shots On Goal For + Missed Shots For + Shots On Goal Against + Missed Shots Against)

CSV% = 100% * (Shots On Goal Against + Missed Shots Against + Blocked Shots Against - Goals Against)/(Shots On Goal Against + Missed Shots Against + Blocked Shots Against)

FSV% = 100% * (Shots On Goal Against + Missed Shots Against - Goals Against)/(Shots On Goal Against + Missed Shots Against)

The problem comes where these stats only look at even strength (5v5, no 4v4 or 3v3) to make these calculations. In my hand-made calculations, that means sifting out every time there are penalties and identifying 5 key events in the simulation. 3 of them (Shots stopped by a goaltender, goals, and goals that go for review) relate to the Shots On Goal category, and based on who takes the shot, the shot on goal goes for or against players. 2 events (shot misses the net and shot hit the post) go in the missed shots column, with the person taking the shot dictating for/against. Finally, shot blocked manages the blocked shot category.

If this could be done, that would be fantastic. If not, I completely understand. I think this sort of advanced statistic would help improve the experience of simmers and leagues everywhere.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Corsi/Fenwick Stats

Post by SimonT »

This definitely make it my wish list.

What is the difference between Corsi For % and Cori Save %?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
mpclardy
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by mpclardy »

Corsi Save % is for goalies, while Corsi For % is for skaters. Same thing applies for Fenwick For vs Save. So while a goalie is on the ice, their Corsi Save % is the amount of shot attempts that don't go in the net per total shot attempts. You're using the same stats for forwards, but applying it to goalies for a better look at save percentage because goalies have to react to every type of shot attempt, not just shots that make it to the net.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hmm.. I don't have all the stats in the STHS. For players, I miss "On Goal Against & Missed Shots Against & Blocked Shots Against" that the STHS doesn't calculated. For goalie, it's the "Missed Shots Against" that is not in the STHS. It's very complex endeavor to add stats in the STHS.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français