Injured Reserve

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
SICHLCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Injured Reserve

Post by SICHLCommish »

This season, we found that we had some issues with teams going over the roster maximum due to having too many injuries. It would be nice (and cool from a realism perspective) for GMs to be able to move players to an injured reserve status, where they don't count against the pro roster. I think in the NHL there is a minimum number of days that a player has to stay on the IR after he's been placed there.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Injured Reserve

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Players injuries are not count in the Roster Maximum Formula. Why do you think this apply to you?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
SICHLCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by SICHLCommish »

I've just had several teams getting into roster violations for being over the limit. I guess it's after injured players come back to CD 95+, but GMs then seem to get stuck with players who have to pass through waivers and nobody wants to lose a guy for nothing. It has caused the sim to error: cannot sim until roster is fixed. Probably once a month this season, we've had this issue.

It just occured to me that if there was an injured reserve it might help GMs have better control of their roster. I haven't thought it all the way through :)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

My guest is the player is injures, auto-roster run, promote a player from farm to pro but when the injuries is heal, the roster is over the limit and the auto-roster can't send them to farm because of waiver.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

I am in complete agreement of an injured reserve category for each team, which would allow a player to remain on injured reserve (even if he has recovered) until the user reactivates him. It gives users more control over their roster by properly categorizing them and gives commissioners better control to enforce active roster limits.

You could improve the salary cap calculation with this feature since in real life, players on injured reserve do not count towards the cap. It would help eliminate the need for "Exclude from salary cap when condition under..."
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com