Pup up Finance

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Foo
The SuperStar

Pop up Salary cap

Post by Foo »

Would be very very usefull to have the pop up warning of a team that is over the salary cap BEFORE uploading all the files on the server. It would help top make corrections and then upload the files on the server.

thanks.
Foo
The SuperStar

Re: Pup up Finance

Post by Foo »

Also, would be very nice to have the option "Remove From Payroll When Condition Under" apply only when the team go over the cap (like the Injury Reserve rule in the NHL) and not in all time.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

Foo wrote:Also, would be very nice to have the option "Remove From Payroll When Condition Under" apply only when the team go over the cap (like the Injury Reserve rule in the NHL) and not in all time.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

Foo wrote:Would be very very usefull to have the pop up warning of a team that is over the salary cap BEFORE uploading all the files on the server. It would help top make corrections and then upload the files on the server.
Why wouldn't you upload it as is? It's not the person running the sim that should make corrections no? It should be the GM to check that their team is ok. They can only check when they see the results are online (or emailed to them in a future enhancement ;) )
Foo wrote:Also, would be very nice to have the option "Remove From Payroll When Condition Under" apply only when the team go over the cap (like the Injury Reserve rule in the NHL) and not in all time.
It's not only when team go over cap. NHL put people on IR usually at first chance to save more cap space. It's a strategy. At the same time, IR people must respect a minimum number of days out or something like that. I think the way it's set up now is ok. I put mine at like 86CD cause it's usually minimum 2 weeks for IR in NHL.

I would however prefer to wait until a player plays a game to get off IR or reaches 100CD, not at 95CD as it does today.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

ynohtna wrote:
Why wouldn't you upload it as is? It's not the person running the sim that should make corrections no? It should be the GM to check that their team is ok. They can only check when they see the results are online (or emailed to them in a future enhancement ;) ).
In previous versions of the sim, teams were not able to save their new rosters and send them when they did go over cap. That's look like resolved, my mistake
ynohtna wrote:
It's not only when team go over cap. NHL put people on IR usually at first chance to save more cap space. It's a strategy. At the same time, IR people must respect a minimum number of days out or something like that. I think the way it's set up now is ok. I put mine at like 86CD cause it's usually minimum 2 weeks for IR in NHL.

I would however prefer to wait until a player plays a game to get off IR or reaches 100CD, not at 95CD as it does today.
you're totaly wrong here... here is the CBA explanation:

Teams are eligible to receive cap relief when a player is considered to have a "bona-fide long-term injury" — injuries that cause a player to miss at least 10 games and 24 days. In such cases, the team can place the player on long-term injured reserve (LTIR).

The placement of a player on LTIR does not remove the player's cap hit from the team's cap payroll — the cap hit continues to count toward the team’s cap payroll as it always did. The placement of a player on LTIR also does not provide the team with any additional cap-space savings that can be “banked” for future use while the team operates below the upper limit.

Placing a player on LTIR only provides relief if the team's cap payroll or "Averaged Club Salary" begins to exceed the upper limit. The amount of LTI relief is limited to the amount by which the team has exceeded the upper limit — less the amount of cap space the team had at the time the LTIR transaction took place. That means the amount of LTI relief is not the entire amount of the injured player's salary, although teams often make small transactions to ensure it is close.

Eligible long-term injury space is calculated on the day the player is placed on LTIR.

That is why I want this ruling to be added to this option.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

oh wow, thanks.

That one doesn't seem like a fun one to implement :)
BFHL Admin/Commish
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

Foo wrote: Teams are eligible to receive cap relief when a player is considered to have a "bona-fide long-term injury" — injuries that cause a player to miss at least 10 games and 24 days. In such cases, the team can place the player on long-term injured reserve (LTIR).

The placement of a player on LTIR does not remove the player's cap hit from the team's cap payroll — the cap hit continues to count toward the team’s cap payroll as it always did. The placement of a player on LTIR also does not provide the team with any additional cap-space savings that can be “banked” for future use while the team operates below the upper limit.

Placing a player on LTIR only provides relief if the team's cap payroll or "Averaged Club Salary" begins to exceed the upper limit. The amount of LTI relief is limited to the amount by which the team has exceeded the upper limit — less the amount of cap space the team had at the time the LTIR transaction took place. That means the amount of LTI relief is not the entire amount of the injured player's salary, although teams often make small transactions to ensure it is close.

Eligible long-term injury space is calculated on the day the player is placed on LTIR.

That is why I want this ruling to be added to this option.
I'm totally behind Foo on this, if it's able to be done.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
PNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by PNHL »

+1
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

I want to give you 1 example. In Québec, a major ISP won't allow port 25 (Use by email) to anywhere on the Internet other than their own SMTP server. This is bound to give me a lot of support request like the FTP features.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

So I noticed new smtp settings fields in V3 :) Are we getting closer to the ability to email GM automatically when they have roster problem? :) Everyone with ISP can just put the ISP smtp server and it should work ok :)
BFHL Admin/Commish
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The setting in V3 is using your web server SMTP server for the "Send Today's Game to General Manager" feature found in the Today Game webpage. We could add this in Web Client at some point.
-SimonT
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

It would be more interesting for transaction log... like in the colours customization, a check box to say send email which then send email to team if their player gets injured, send email to team if roster is showing incomplete... etc..
BFHL Admin/Commish
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Do you have an idea how to do the implementation like programming code? If you look at the SQLite database, what SQL Query would you used?
-SimonT
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

Unfortunately I haven't had time to dig into it much. I would like to dig and see if I could do something on my end but I've only opened the sqlite db once and looked around for 30mins a couple months ago.
BFHL Admin/Commish
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Well, can you tell me in word what you would like to see based on this http://sths.simont.info/DatabaseInfo.php
-SimonT