Opinions and help

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
jroenick2797
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Opinions and help

Post by jroenick2797 »

Hi guys,

I took over this team which had a very bleak future about a year ago. Now that I am virtually done rebuilding it, I wanted to ask some opinions/advice one how to best maximize what I've got in terms of line combos and skills.

I'm in a 28 team league where for comparison, the highest rated forward is Evgeni Malkin (77), the highest rated goaltender is Pekka Rinne/Jonathan Quick/Henrik Lundqvist (76) and the highest rated defenseman is Zdeno Chara (76). The ratings are done manually every season using a variety of sources, usually based largely on the previous season's performance.

Here's my current lineup:

David Clarkson (68) - Jordan Staal (71) - Tomas Fleishmann (70)
Matt Moulson (71) - Derick Brassard (69) - David Booth (68)
Steve Ott (68) - Dave Bolland (69) - Ryan Johansen (68)
Jordin Tootoo (66) - Scott Nichol (65) - Andrew Cogliano (66)

Brent Burns (72) - Jake Gardiner (70)
Keith Yandle (72) - Ladislav Smid (68)
David Rundblad (64) - Greg Zanon (66)

Corey Crawford (71)

Scratches include: Nikolai Khabibulin (70), Matt Carkner (66)
Notable Farm players: Vladimir Tarasenko (65), Marcus Kruger (65), Mikael Backlund (65), Stanislav Galiev (62), Colin Fraser (65), Philip Larsen (61), Stefan Elliott (60)
Notable prospects include: Jimmy Hayes, Jordan Schroeder, Marco Scandella, Matt Hackett

I'm pretty happy with the future outlook of my team with Johansen, Tarasenko, Rundblad and Gardiner as my building blocks to go along with Staal,Yandle and Burns. I'm just wondering if I need to tinker further or if it's a matter of finding the right lineup at this point. Currently last in the West and 4 from the bottom overall at mid-season, which was not unexpected, but I feel the current lineup should be at least close to .500 from here on out.