Best sim engine

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
WCHLcommish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Best sim engine

Post by WCHLcommish »

Which sim engine do you find produces the best results? Currently using 2.0 but we are seeing subpar teams winning and good to elite teams struggling to make the playoffs. I heard there is just to much randomness involved.

I forget which engine we used prior to 2.0 but the scores were insanely high even with the offensive ratings set as long as possible.

So what sim engine do you prefer?
BRHL Hockey
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Re: Best sim engine

Post by BRHL Hockey »

1.5 is the best, by far. I've simmed THOUSANDS of seasons testing our ratings out.

2.1 is extreme, and unless ratings are tweaked to the extreme, and sim settings tweaked to the extreme, the results are also EXTREME.
2.0 is very randomized, both with players and teams that succeed, there's little to no skill in winning
1.5 is the most stable, still a bit heavy on the odd unbeatable goalie, but overall, by far the best option.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
The #1 source for STHS ratings since 2006!
BRHL $ League est. 2006 - http://new.brhl.net/
Cash Hockey, Football & Baseball Leagues
STHS, FHM7, OOTP, FanGm Platforms