Winning a fight

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
mpclardy
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Winning a fight

Post by mpclardy »

So there is an obvious correlation between FG and the amount of times in a given season you fight. Is there any augmenting stat that controls how likely it is you'll win said fight? I'd assume Strength, but I've seen too many examples of the stronger player losing in my league to tell me that it matters.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Winning a fight

Post by SimonT »

Strength and Fight are the only stats that affect the result of a fight. But like any formula in the STHS, there is some random because if there was no random, result would always the same and that wouldn't be fun.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
36Henry
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Winning a fight

Post by 36Henry »

I agree with mpclardy in the sense that it would have been excellent to see the FG-rating split into two values: willingness and ability. A player like Chara very rarely fights, but when he does he destroys anyone. It may not be "fun" to have predictable outcomes, but while fighting is still in the game I think it can serve a purpose in providing a team in the STHS with a morale boost. And if managers had more control over winning and losing fights, deploying enforcers could be a more effective tool than it is now.

But I also realize that would take a ton of work, far more than it would be worth :)