Line Matching

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
pjbth
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Line Matching

Post by pjbth »

Hi

I was wondering if it might be possible to change one of the features of the sim I've been fighting with for a while or maybe I don't understand how it works completely.

I was recently in a playoff series with a team with a super strong top line, but a weak defensively second and third line. So I wanted to play a defensive top line and move my scorers down a line, but I didn't want to play that defensive top line the most ice time, but the SIM won't allow you to set the % higher for line 2 than line 1.

If the other team puts out its top line, does it try to put out your top line against them or does it just put them out in order trying to keep higher time % lines out longer? Would it be possible or even useful to allow you to play lower lines more than higher lines?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Line Matching

Post by SimonT »

If you want your "line #2" to play more than your "line #1", you need to swap them around. Put your lines #2 players as lines #1 and vice-versa. Lines #1 does not have to be your best players all the time.

The simulator does not 'match' line vs line. The simulator always sends the line with the less fatigue on the ice trying to match the "percentages for desired ice time work" feature. In case line are equally tired or not tire, the order is line #1, #2, #3 and line #4.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Savard
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by Savard »

Then how do the percentages for desired ice time work?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi Savard.

I edit my previous answer because you are right, it was not completely true.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

SimonT wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:45 pm If you want your "line #2" to play more than your "line #1", you need to swap them around. Put your lines #2 players as lines #1 and vice-versa. Lines #1 does not have to be your best players all the time.

The simulator does not 'match' line vs line. The simulator always sends the line with the less fatigue on the ice trying to match the "percentages for desired ice time work" feature. In case line are equally tired or not tire, the order is line #1, #2, #3 and line #4.
I feel like the issue with moving a line of players down in the lineup just to make a "checking line" get more ice time though is that it will dumb down your best players. Regardless of the sim setting, players on lines 2 or 3 will never perform at the level that they would if they were simply all placed on line 1.