Changing Position

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
juicer
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Changing Position

Post by juicer »

If a player is a center. Would his progression decrease if i played him on the wing(when his posiiton is a center)?
gab_3020
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Re: Changing Position

Post by gab_3020 »

Depends if your commish has the option 'forward play all position' (or something like that) checked. Basically, ask your commish
http://lihv2010.dominicborduas.com

I'm bilingual, kindly ask for a translation and I'll provide it.
Je suis bilingue, ne faites que demandé une traduction et je vous la donnerai.
rhl_commish

Post by rhl_commish »

sounds good
Rookie Chargers

Post by Rookie Chargers »

I was going to start another thread but I think my question fits in here.

I Auto my lines and for the PP and PK my centers switch positions with the wingers or the centers are not playing.

Now my question, does the sim have a guard against this happening since the players lose abilities if they play out of position? I see this as the same thing if a forward is switched to defense or vice versa. I just checked the latter out and I can set my lines with forwards on defense and defensemen as forwards, I was sure the sim stopped us from doing that.

Or does that depend on the league settings?

Okay, so it turns out to be 2 questions. :)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

In PK, 4vs4 and PK3, the simulator doesn't make any difference between C, LW and RW in the auto-lines function.It's just the best player available.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
hockeyfreak

Post by hockeyfreak »

SimonT wrote:In PK, 4vs4 and PK3, the simulator doesn't make any difference between C, LW and RW in the auto-lines function.It's just the best player available.
I understand that you are saying the auto-lines function doesn't make a difference between forward position on selecting players for the PK, 4x4, and Pk3, but it isn't crystal clear on whether or not when it does this the player is less effective.
We know forwards are less effective if played out of position on 5x5, but what about pk,4x4,and pk3?

To put it another way: I have a RW that I would like to play at center on the PK. Will his attributes be lower.

P.S.- Just started in 2 leagues that use your software and I'm having a blast. Great job!!!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

hockeyfreak wrote:To put it another way: I have a RW that I would like to play at center on the PK. Will his attributes be lower.
Not in PK or PP.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français