New League / Blended League / Looking for Partner

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
ICHL Commish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

New League / Blended League / Looking for Partner

Post by ICHL Commish »

The ICHL has been running successfully for approximately 10 years, 17 seasons, with both FHL and STHS simulators. We have hit the wall.

Our current configuration is 1998 NHL players over 24 teams. We restarted in 1990 with a full dispersal draft and have had a solid GM core with a lot of fluctuating GMs in and out.

This year, participation dropped off dramatically, and we are effectively down to approximately 12-14 solid, committed GMs, but the constant revolving door with the rest of the league's GMs has grown frustrating and tiresome. Predominantly Canadian, we have members from Canada, the US, Europe, and Asia.

I'm open to ideas, but one that I've thought long and hard about is looking for someone in a similar situation where we could blend out league's together. Cobbling together a league of about 21 teams, we could continue to run the ICHL, move into your league, or create a new league. I could continue on as Commish, but I'm also OK with either sharing responsibilities or turning them over to someone else experienced, committed, and capable.

Just throwing this out there, but if there's another Commish/league facing a similar situation, we can maybe be each other's solutions. Feel free to have a look around our league at www.ichl.ca.

We are currently in the opening round playoffs of the 1998 season, and will be looking for a direction in the next couple of weeks.

I'm open to ideas. Email or respond here. ichljets AT gmail.com