How to maximize my trios?!

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
MajorPain
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

How to maximize my trios?!

Post by MajorPain »

Hi,

I'm in a 28 team league using STHS V2, 100% NHL based rerates. I managed to land a few very good forwards and am now wondering how to maximize my 1st 2 lines. Here's my top 6: Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Phil Kessel, Evander Kane, Ryan Kesler, Alex Semin.

I know how important it is to mix players strenghs (ex: putting a playmaker with a sniper) and I wonder what would be best. I heard several times that stacking up big names on the same line gives you negative results most of the time and want to avoid this type of scenario.

Ovechkin, Crosby and Kessel are my best 3...should I put them all together on the 1st line...or should I work with combos, putting Ovy+ Crosby on the 1st and Kesler and Kessel on the 2nd? Kane will be a great player but his ratings aren`t so great mainly because he hasn't played enough seasons yet. Semin's have dropped over the past 2 seasons.

Option a:
1st: Ovechkin - Crosby - Kessel
2nd: Kane - Kesler - Semin

Option b:
1st: Ovechkin - Crosby - Kane
2nd: Semin - Kesler - Kessel

Option c:
1st: Ovechkin - Crosby - Semin
2nd: Kane - Kesler - Kessel

Option d???

Please share your thoughs or experiences from the past.
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: How to maximize my trios?!

Post by QSHL »

Not knowing your ratings doesn't help.

I'd definitely try to make THREE and not two lines. Balance things out. Balance your ice time. Players less tired. Means more efficient on the ice. Maximize them on your PP afterward.

Using a surprisingly weaker player in SC, PA, but with a good SK and PH sometimes helps too on a scoring line. He carries the puck for your skilled players.