GM`s and line issues

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
powerdyne6
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

GM`s and line issues

Post by powerdyne6 »

Hey guys

I have a few GM`s who are saying there lines differ from when they upload them to the site to when they look at the boxscore of there next game

I assume Injuries and suspensions play a factor in this but does the sim bestline your roster if you have an injury or suspension during a game and subsequently for the next games until the GM edits his roster and lines again

I hope I explained this properly

Any help would be appreciated

Mike
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: GM`s and line issues

Post by SimonT »

The Auto-Roster / Auto-Lines are made to be 'stupid' so that GM made their line.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
powerdyne6

Post by powerdyne6 »

What happens to the lines during the game when an injury or suspension/ejection occurs?

Do they automatically get bestlined? and what happens to the roster/lines for the next game if a GM does not edit them manually?

Thanks for the help Simon
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The coach fix them on the fly the best he can. But for the game after, the auto-rosters / auto-lines don't be optimal.
-SimonT
powerdyne6

Post by powerdyne6 »

Thanks for the help Simon
phobospwns
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by phobospwns »

Bringing this one back from WAY back in the day...

in a situation where a player returns from their injury in the middle of several days that are being simmed, is that player reinserted into the lines? Or, do they continue to sit until lines are manually changed?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

If the Rosters and Lines are done for the next 10 days and they are valid, the players will stay on the bench.

But on the other hand, the STHS will allow you put a injured players on the roster for day #4 if the players should be healthy at that time.
-SimonT
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

I can say for a fact that if a GM does his lines for 10 days, that he gets an injury on Day 1 and the sim brings a player from the farm to the pro for Day 2 and the injured player comes back for Day 3 and the GM has not sent in a new line file, the sim will return the player brought up back to the farm and make him go through waivers if needed because "technically", the GM sent the player back to the farm, even without redoing his rosters/lines because he was already in the farm on the original line file submitted for Day 1...

That situation is causing us a bunch of problems with waivers in my league and I have found myself at the point where I have to disable the Multiple Lines in a Row option in the sim so that players are not sent to waivers by the sim when the GM has not asked to.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

21 ans / 30 saisons de simulation
21 years / 30 sim seasons