Streaks

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Streaks

Post by Owen »

A couple of different suggestions here...

First, I would like to see a player's goal/point streaks and slumps not reset if the player is scratched. Obviously games not played should not count towards the streak or slump, but if a player has not scored is 64 games within a season and then is scratched, that goal slump should not reset to zero. I'm not sure how feasible this request is though.

Another streak that I would like to see added is the number of starts a goalie makes in a row. That would be extremely beneficial for any leagues that limit how many consecutive starts a goalie can make.

I also suggest adding team winning and losing streaks to the league records. I can't count the number of times I have had GMs ask, "That winning streak has to be a league record, right?" (Please also add Farm League Records)

Thanks!
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Streaks

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

For next version : Sending a player to the scratches should not reset is Goal/Point Streaks Slump.
Fatigue for 100 Endurance for Goalie is the option you want to use.
This type of records is more complex to keep because of the logic behind it.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

SimonT wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:52 pm Fatigue for 100 Endurance for Goalie is the option you want to use.
This isn't what I'm asking for though (I have always used these fatigue meters). I'm saying it would be helpful to output the number of consecutive games started, just like how we have streaks for goals and points for skaters.

SimonT wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:52 pm This type of records is more complex to keep because of the logic behind it.
It seems like it would be easier logic than for the simulator to recognize if a team has broken a league record for most PIM in a single game. It is already tracked in your streak output. :)

SimonT wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:52 pm For next version : Sending a player to the scratches should not reset is Goal/Point Streaks Slump.
Thanks!!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Owen wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:56 pm
SimonT wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:52 pm This type of records is more complex to keep because of the logic behind it.
It seems like it would be easier logic than for the simulator to recognize if a team has broken a league record for most PIM in a single game. It is already tracked in your streak output. :)
The issue is if you have a Streak of 8 already in the record that you are now at 9, how can I know your record of 8 need to remove from the list because you are at 9 now.

Currently, the value entering in the record list can't change after it's in the list. Making it simple to check. If the record is update days after days, it's nightmare.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

SimonT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:27 pm The issue is if you have a Streak of 8 already in the record that you are now at 9, how can I know your record of 8 need to remove from the list because you are at 9 now.
Ahh ok yeah that does make it a bit more complex!!
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com