Playoff Salary Cap & Finances

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Playoff Salary Cap & Finances

Post by Owen »

Would you please have the team salary cap values continue to calculate in the playoffs? Even though players do not earn a salary during the playoffs, some leagues might still have rules that require their teams to be cap compliant. (Mine doesn't, but it looks very weird to see every team's cap hit show as $0 in all output formats.)

Also, the Average Income per Game values on the Team Finances output are not formatted properly for both Pro & Farm. Instead of $1,512,678, it shows as 1512678.33333333. This occurs ONLY in the playoffs and not in the regular season or preseason outputs.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Playoff Salary Cap & Finances

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I can’t continue to calculate the salary cap value in the playoff because critical variable for the calculation are not available in the complexes and if you run the simple calculation, you can simply look at the “Pro Players Total Salaries” value.

I have fix the typo in the Team Finance output.

I have move the topic in the Suggestion.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

SimonT wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:05 pmI can’t continue to calculate the salary cap value in the playoff because critical variable for the calculation are not available in the complexes and if you run the simple calculation, you can simply look at the “Pro Players Total Salaries” value.
The "Pro Players Total Salaries" is not the same as the cap hit though. That field includes players on one-way contracts who are assigned to the farm. Thus, any team who has buried players will show a higher-than-actual salary cap and could falsely show them as being over the limit.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

In the NHL, the cap doesn't apply because they can't calculate it. You try to apply in a NHL rules when the NHL can't and doesn't apply it.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français