Questions

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
starfrit
The SuperStar

Questions

Post by starfrit »

When you say "Option to run the STHS without human intervention from the command prompt. The STHS will load your league file, load your latest lineups, simulate, output your web site files, save your league files, upload your web site files and close itself." What's happening when a gm doesn't do his lines and sths cannot make a full roster ot a team busting salary cap ?

On the dynamic website, how do you create accounts for gm's?

Is it possible to only use the web client on an existing website ?
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Questions

Post by SimonT »

starfrit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 am When you say "Option to run the STHS without human intervention from the command prompt. The STHS will load your league file, load your latest lineups, simulate, output your web site files, save your league files, upload your web site files and close itself." What's happening when a gm doesn't do his lines and sths cannot make a full roster ot a team busting salary cap ?
The simulation is not completed until the commish fix the issue manually.
starfrit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 am On the dynamic website, how do you create accounts for gm's?
You can't. The commish need to create from the STHS.
starfrit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 am Is it possible to only use the web client on an existing website ?
In the pre-season, season & playoff, yes expect to claim a player on waiver. In the off-season, no.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Post by JimToupet »

starfrit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 am When you say "Option to run the STHS without human intervention from the command prompt. The STHS will load your league file, load your latest lineups, simulate, output your web site files, save your league files, upload your web site files and close itself." What's happening when a gm doesn't do his lines and sths cannot make a full roster ot a team busting salary cap ?
Depending of kind of error, the simulation will not work and the .exe will stay open in memory. You'll have to kill the process before reopen the STHS for check and/or simulate manually. (An error of that the program already running will pop up).

I love that feature. All my sims (regular season and playoff) are automated via Task Scheduler. The best way to provide a simulation everyday at the same time without being sit in front of the computer.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

When this happen, send me a copy of your league file so I can reproduced it debug mode. It's hard for me to test real life scenario in the command prompt mode.
-SimonT
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Post by JimToupet »

99% it's any errors that generate a message box. When the simulation failed and I run it manually a message box pop out.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Then send me your league file so I can reproduced the error and fix it.
-SimonT