Greetings and Suggestions. :-)

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Brent
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Greetings and Suggestions. :-)

Post by Brent »

Hello everyone. I'm so excited to hear that there will soon be a new hockey sim available. I'm a huge hockey fan (play in two leagues, winter and summer) that has waited awhile for a good hockey sim. I truly hope STHS will become everything that it can be.

Now on to my suggestions. :D

I'm looking to create a league that is completely fantasy, and breaks away from some of the NHL norms.
-No NHL players (fantasy names only, so the sim will need an importer for thousands of fantasy names and stats)
-No conferences, only divisions (As many as 8 divisions may be needed)
-As many as 16 teams per division, and as many as 60 total in league
-Option for European 3-point system (Regulation win = 3 pts, OT/SO win = 2 pts and 1 for losser)
-Import a manually created schedule (up to 100 games games per team, 3000 total games)

If the STHS can be used to create a league with these options, you have a guaranteed customer. :)
Last edited by Brent on Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bret
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by Bret »

Huge idea you have my friend !!! for the europene point is not a problem i think !!! but for the rest i can answer for now ! only Simon the creator can answer that !!! but you have a huge idea !
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

Brent

Click here to see all the features that the STHS will have once completed:
http://sths.simont.info/Features_En.php

Many more features will come in future versions.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

21 ans / 30 saisons de simulation
21 years / 30 sim seasons
Bret
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by Bret »

ohhhhhh yeah !
Brent

Post by Brent »

Dave-DG Blues ! wrote:Huge idea you have my friend !!! for the europene point is not a problem i think !!! but for the rest i can answer for now ! only Simon the creator can answer that !!! but you have a huge idea !
It is a huge undertaking, for sure. However, I do have support from many people to build this league, and all we need now is a hockey simulator that can handle it. :)
Brent

Post by Brent »

Steff wrote:Brent

Click here to see all the features that the STHS will have once completed:
http://sths.simont.info/Features_En.php

Many more features will come in future versions.
Thanks Steff. I read all that and the current features all look great. Here's to hoping that my suggestions will be considered for future updates! :P
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Greetings and Suggestions. :-)

Post by SimonT »

Brent wrote:-No NHL players (fantasy names only, so the sim will need an importer for thousands of fantasy names and stats)
NHL players or Non NHL players, it's only a name! No problems here if you can created those fantasy name yourself.
Brent wrote:-No conferences, only divisions (As many as 8 divisions may be needed)

I'm limit to 3 divisions per confererence and 2 conferences for a total of 6 divisions. I might change it for a future version if this suggestion becomes popular.
I don't understand why you want to conference. It's impossible to make a final round of playoff if there is no conference winner.
Brent wrote:-As many as 16 teams per division, and as many as 60 total in league
You can have 100 teams in the STHS.
You can have 16 teams per divisions IF all your divisions have 15 or 16 teams in there own division.
Brent wrote:-Option for European 3-point system (Regulation win = 3 pts, OT/SO win = 2 pts and 1 for losser)
I didn't implant the European point system yet but I'll do it. (No idea if it'll make it in the first version of the STHS)
Brent wrote:-Import a manually created schedule (up to 100 games games per team, 3000 total games)
It can be done and probably at the same time that the scheduled editor. (No idea if it'll make it in the first version of the STHS)
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Brent

Re: Greetings and Suggestions. :-)

Post by Brent »

SimonT wrote:NHL players or Non NHL players, it's only a name! No problems here if you can created those fantasy name yourself.
Will there be a system in place to import names and stats/abilities from a text file? Just wondering, because that would be a heck of a lot easier than inputing 1000's of names and abilities one by one. :)
SimonT wrote:I'm limit to 3 divisions per confererence and 2 conferences for a total of 6 divisions. I might change it for a future version if this suggestion becomes popular.
I don't understand why you want to conference. It's impossible to make a final round of playoff if there is no conference winner.
That's only if you think in terms of the NHL, where seeding is done by division leaders and then conference standing. In the league I'm creating, seeding will be done by division for top teams, and then by wildcard for remaining teams. There will still be an even number of teams in the playoffs to produce a championship final.

For NHL mimic leagues, 6 divisions works fine. The problem is I'm going for something that is nothing like the NHL format and 8 divisions is a must. My original idea was to have 10 divisions of 6 teams, but 60 teams may be for future expansion. :)
SimonT wrote:You can have 100 teams in the STHS.
You can have 16 teams per divisions IF all your divisions have 15 or 16 teams in there own division.
So no division can have 2 or more teams more than any other division? If it becomes a problem, I'll develop a work-around solution.
SimonT wrote:I didn't implant the European point system yet but I'll do it. (No idea if it'll make it in the first version of the STHS)
Excellent news. :)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Import of Players name and Stats is from a CSV File. (Very Easy to created using Excel)

For custom playoff, I have no idea what I'll do but don't have high hope, I want to program option useful to more that a few leagues.

Don't except more that 6 divisions. Sorry
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Brent

Post by Brent »

SimonT wrote:Don't except more that 6 divisions. Sorry
Fair enough. Sorry for wasting your time.

P.S. If you ever decide to go with 8 (or more) divisions, send me a note. :)