PHP, HTML Help using Wix

If you need help building your website, this is the place to hang out. If you're an HTML, PHP, Perl or web database geek, check it out. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide pour construire votre site web, c'est le forum à regarder! Si vous êtes un expert en HTML, PHP, Perl ou en base de données, c'est le forum pour vous!
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

PHP, HTML Help using Wix

Post by BeardCommish »

Hello - I am just about to start designing a sim hockey website that will be much more interactive and functional than typical portal sites or the like. Using more modern tools within a site builder (I use Wix) to have blogs, a sleek, useful (and mobile-friendly) design, and such should really increase participation - and plus, I like designing cool looking websites. :)

Update: Decided against user logins for now, except to comment on articles. Keep reading. :)

I'm not much of a coder, so I usually keep it basic - BUT, I really want to figure out a way to incorporate the HTML or PHP output files from the simulator into this website and I'm struggling to figure out how to make it work. Wix does not allow FTP access, and I really don't want to have to learn a new site builder as I use Wix all the time for work and personal business. (Example: www.skyphire.biz)

Easiest solution: output HTML and host them on a secondary website, and just have links on our site open in new tab to access them

Update: I have started with this solution but ultimately would prefer to have rosters and such built into the site somehow..

I can definitely do this, but I'd really like to have a more dynamic approach while maintaining the sleek look and functionality I envision. I am willing to pay for assistance here - whether it's direct help with setting this up or just advice on how to proceed.

I'm sure this is simple for more advanced site builders, but I really want to build as close to the best site possible for this new league as I can. Any help is appreciated!

Reply here, PM me, or email me: [email protected]

Thanks!
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: PHP, HTML Help using Wix

Post by BeardCommish »

Updated my OP - I'm about 35% of the way through building the site at the moment. Should be presentable by the end of the week.