SHTS webclient mobile app

Everything about Third Party and Add-ons Programs; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche les programmes tiers: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
hscommish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: SHTS webclient mobile app

Post by hscommish »

SimonT wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:12 am
hscommish wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:29 am I don't know if other leagues are experiencing it, but the Windows exclusivity is really hurting our participation. It would be nice to have a web or mobile app option that can give GMs access over multiple platforms instead of relying on just one (whether that be PC for the program or Linux for the webpage). I know there are work arounds, but they can be clunky and expensive, and still rely on access to a computer, for the most part.
There is web option on the dynamic website. You simply have to upgrade your Windows hosting to PHP or move to Linux hosting.
How might I go about upgrading our hosting? Do you mean switching hosts? Is it possible to host a Windows-based webpage and a Linux-based webpage on the same host?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

It's possible for Windows host to host ASP and PHP webpage. Why do you have a Windows host?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

hscommish wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:29 am ... It would be nice to have a web or mobile app option that can give GMs access over multiple platforms...
Hmm I guess I don't understand what kind of webhost service you are using now, nor how you manage your custom page.

STHS provides a web-based lines tool. My GMs can use this web client on their phone, desktop, tablet, mac and set their lines daily.

I use WHC.ca and I only have to upload the dynamic web page files and the links just work.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

Well I feel silly now. I tried uploading all the files into a new subdomain on our host and it seems to have worked, but has created new problems (can't edit things in the web client). I will have a look through the forums for a solution. Thank you for the guidance!
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

hscommish wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:08 am Well I feel silly now. I tried uploading all the files into a new subdomain on our host and it seems to have worked, but has created new problems (can't edit things in the web client). I will have a look through the forums for a solution. Thank you for the guidance!
Make sure the folders in the Output folder are also copied (images, js, css)
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

ynohtna wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:58 am
hscommish wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:08 am Well I feel silly now. I tried uploading all the files into a new subdomain on our host and it seems to have worked, but has created new problems (can't edit things in the web client). I will have a look through the forums for a solution. Thank you for the guidance!
Make sure the folders in the Output folder are also copied (images, js, css)
Got it all working except for the sim's ability to download the database from the webpage. Any suggestions?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Your league URL need to point to your subdomain you just created.
-SimonT
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

SimonT wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:22 pm Your league URL need to point to your subdomain you just created.
I tried that, it still doesn't download the database. The link to download the .STC file from the dynamic website does not work either.
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

New wrinkle: if I manually type the address "lines.hshockey.ca/HSHL-STHS.bin" the file downloads from Chrome, but when I make my website URL "lines.hshockey.ca" in the simulator it can't download the file.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi HsCommish. I'll only answer you on the other thread you are talking to me.
-SimonT
audy11

Post by audy11 »

Quelqu’un a encore cette APP et qui est fonctionnel ?
Minnesota

Post by Minnesota »

audy11 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:59 pm Quelqu’un a encore cette APP et qui est fonctionnel ?
Je suis curieux de savoir si quelqu'un a réussi à faire fonctionner l'app aussi?