Partial Auto Line Modification

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
joejiz
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Partial Auto Line Modification

Post by joejiz »

Hi

Is it possible to have the simulator program if a coach does not "tend" to his injury or exhausted goalie do something different then partial auto fill or full auto fill? Perhaps a feature called "auto fill single player feature" with next best player? So it just fills the next best player in that position instead of the current situation where it juggles all lines etc? I think even if wasn't the best player(ranking) wise but really just any scratch player that matches the position, coaches would be happier.

If possible one day? Auto Fill function based on substitutions.

I'm not a programmer nor do I want to be one, but like we say, ideally if we(all teams) had a 3rd stringer goalie sitting on the farm scratch bench today - the sim could grab that dude in an emergency and substitute him for the exhausted goalie. This could work with F and D as the next best player gets substituted in the injured dudes spot. The exact spot .

Thanks Simon for all your work.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Partial Auto Line Modification

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I'm not kind sure to understand. The Partial Auto Line was created so the the coach only fill the spot that are missing players and not juggles all line like the Auto Line. From what I understand your message, it's that you are looking? Of you means that is center of injure #2, center #3 become center #2, center #4 become center #3, etc without moving LW/RW?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

Hi,

I believe we are experiencing partial auto line acting like auto line. So if a single injury happens and team owner does not upload new file or make changes in web roster before GAME DAY. Then commissioner runs games for that day, the simulator "on it's own" will just auto line... so what causes the sim to partial auto line or full auto line on game day if errors occur prior?

Thank you.
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

A coach owner says the following:

Hey

That day the farm goalie was fatigued. If you view the transactions for the Badgers you can kinda see what the sim did in order. http://coachab.com/ProTeam.php?Team=5

All that technically should have happened, if the sim ran partial lines, would have been 3rd string goalie in the press box goes in.
That day the sim automatically ran auto roster instead which messed up everything. Then ran auto lines.

Not sure how to tell the programming in that instance to automatically run partial roster, which would add the 3rd string goalie from the press box. Instead the program automatically defaults to fixing the roster, then the lines.

The secondary question would be again if a lw is hurt, how do you tell the program to put the next best lw, or partial lines, in that spot from the press box and not run auto Roster and then auto lines?

He may think that I used the client and clicked partial lines which obviously was not the case. I would have got the correct result as you mentioned. Its when you let the sim take it. That's where it needs to be looked at right.
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Post by JimToupet »

Be sure to have the option "Fix incorrect lines with the partial auto lines function" in your League Options, Teams tab.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

JimToupet wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:16 pm Be sure to have the option "Fix incorrect lines with the partial auto lines function" in your League Options, Teams tab.
Good answer!
-SimonT
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

Hi,

I've informed the commissioner who runs it to go look, and yes it was unchecked!

What was checked was use normal auto lines/roster when ..........

So the change has been made. Thanks Jim and SimonT.

I'll keep yah posted. Love simple fix's , right on. let's hope this does it! Looks like it will!!

I went to put a 3rd goalie in the client but won't let me dress him, to many goalies it says even though we have the 21st spot for whoever.

Maybe it'll grab him from scratch... stay tuned!
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

Hello, I have results from change:

Team Name : Coquitlam Knights Pro

Team Name : Coquitlam Express Farm

Team Link here : http://coachab.com/ProTeam.php?Team=7

Farm Goalie: Exhausted last game ( Maksim Zhukov )

The simulator did grab a goalie from scratch!! right on!

So that worked great however the pro team did not need any modifications?
There were no injuries from last game on pro, just wondering why sim did partial auto line function for pro?

Last pro game: http://coachab.com/COACH1-835.html

The farm game was played here for FARM:
http://coachab.com/COACH1-Farm-839.html

Below

[3/12/2021 7:15:44 AM] Maksim Zhukov from COQUITLAM EXPRESS is back from Exhaustion.

[3/12/2021 7:15:35 AM] Auto Lines Partial Function has been run for COQUITLAM EXPRESS.

[3/12/2021 7:15:35 AM] COQUITLAM EXPRESS (COQUITLAM KNIGHTS) lines errors : Normal line # 3 C is empty. Normal line # 4 C is empty. Normal line # 4 RW is empty. Unknown Player is used twice in Normal line #4 PK line 1 C is empty. OT Forward #3 is empty. Starting Goalie is empty. Backup Goalie is empty. Starting Goalie and BackUp Goalie are the same

[3/12/2021 7:15:35 AM] Auto Lines Partial Function has been run for COQUITLAM KNIGHTS.

[3/12/2021 7:15:35 AM] COQUITLAM KNIGHTS lines errors : Normal line # 3 Defense #3 is empty. Normal line # 4 C is empty. Normal line # 4 Defense #4 is empty. Unknown Player is used twice in Normal line #4 PK line 2 Defense #2 is empty. Extra Defense #0 is empty. Extra Defense #1 is empty. OT Forward #6 is empty. OT Defense #4 is empty.

[3/12/2021 7:15:35 AM] Auto Roster Partial Function has been run for COQUITLAM KNIGHTS.

[3/12/2021 7:15:35 AM] COQUITLAM EXPRESS roster errors : Not enough Goalie available in Farm Team! 1 Dressed. 2 Required. Some errors will be automatically fixed.

[3/11/2021 6:52:38 AM] Successfully loaded COQUITLAM KNIGHTS lines done with STHS Client - 3.2.7.7
[3/10/2021 6:40:39 AM] Maksim Zhukov from COQUITLAM EXPRESS injured (Exhaustion)
[3/10/2021 6:40:32 AM] Successfully loaded COQUITLAM KNIGHTS lines done with STHS Client - 3.2.7.7
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

To fully understand it, I would need your league file backup before the simulation of 12 March.
-SimonT
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

No problem. I'll keep an eye out and maybe the next time it happens i can find out why a bit more.