Tips for engine 2.1

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
Jaybee48
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Tips for engine 2.1

Post by Jaybee48 »

Just trying to get a better understanding of how this sim engine works.

Our leading scorers (draisaitl and pastrnak) on the same team are on pace for 200 pts while Other superstars like mcdavid are on pace for 100.

The majority of the scoring seems to be done by 2 players on a line while the 3rd doesnt get much regardless how good or bad that player is.

Defence scoring is low. Top def in scoring sits in 79th place overall

Depth scoring is also low regardless of talent, my 2nd line is a solid 1st line (giroux, ovi, kane) and theyre all the way down arouns 80th in scoring. Other teams top line is producing more even with way less talented players.

Backups almost always allow 4 goals on a low amount of shots when they come in the game.

Im stacked and ive lost games to bad teams with goalies like joel hofer, evan fitzpatrick, and other ahl/backups netminder. Moral is off also.

Special teams is all over, one team's pp is at 40% while another is at 9% pk ranges from 66 to 94%

Strategies dont seem to affect gameplay at all whether you go 0 phy 5 def 0 sco or 0 phy 0 def 5 sco

Any help is appreciated.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Tips for engine 2.1

Post by SimonT »

Change your players rating. Engine 2.1 is made for super to perform well so if you have a lot of players who superstar stat, you'll get crazy number of points.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Jaybee48

Post by Jaybee48 »

SimonT wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:55 pm Change your players rating. Engine 2.1 is made for super to perform well so if you have a lot of players who superstar stat, you'll get crazy number of points.
Well thats the thing, i have crosby, marchand that are producing a ton then my other stars ovechkin, pavelski (whose extremely well rated), giroux, E. Kane, Burns arent doing so good. Had stamkos but wasnt producing at all wherever i put him. Hes like 130th in scoring. Ovie, giroux, kane are around 80th. Burns has like 7 pts in 20 games or so. Its mind boggling hehe
Savard
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by Savard »

Are those ratings custom made for 2.1? That really is vital as that engine is completely different from the others.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I'm using V2.1 and into my 13th season now.

I'm pleased with my results so far. 24 team league

20GP and league top point getter is at 28points. Top 20 are a point a game or over, next 10 are just under a point a game.
I seem to have ok depth scoring on teams. Top goalie is Fleury at 93.9sv% and 2.06GAA

I use BRHL ratings v2.1 formula, I globally nerf some goalie attributes to try to tone down the super goalies.

I set a fatigue to make GMs not over play their top players... like 19mins for a top EN forward, 29mins for a top EN D

This year I tried turning on Morale and set it at 25. Maybe something with morale worked for my league.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
Jaybee48

Post by Jaybee48 »

Savard wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:29 am Are those ratings custom made for 2.1? That really is vital as that engine is completely different from the others.
No i think they took their ratings elswhere or changed them themselves.
Jaybee48

Post by Jaybee48 »

ynohtna wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:49 am I'm using V2.1 and into my 13th season now.

I'm pleased with my results so far. 24 team league

20GP and league top point getter is at 28points. Top 20 are a point a game or over, next 10 are just under a point a game.
I seem to have ok depth scoring on teams. Top goalie is Fleury at 93.9sv% and 2.06GAA

I use BRHL ratings v2.1 formula, I globally nerf some goalie attributes to try to tone down the super goalies.

I set a fatigue to make GMs not over play their top players... like 19mins for a top EN forward, 29mins for a top EN D

This year I tried turning on Morale and set it at 25. Maybe something with morale worked for my league.
Our top goalie is rocking a .940 and 1.78 in a league where players might reach 200 pts. And fatigue is crazy, if my goalie allows 40 shots. I need 3 full days afterwards for him to recover. Also i had provorov who was gettign exhausted averaging 21 mins a night
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

Jaybee48 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:58 am Our top goalie is rocking a .940 and 1.78 in a league where players might reach 200 pts. And fatigue is crazy, if my goalie allows 40 shots. I need 3 full days afterwards for him to recover. Also i had provorov who was gettign exhausted averaging 21 mins a night
Whoa that sucks. The BRHL ratings have been manageable for me. Some seasons I do get a GM or two with a super line combinations but after 82 games, I don't remember anyone ever hitting 200pts. My goalie fatigue is not that bad, I start docking at 40 shots but doesn't get bad until 50.

Before each season starts, I do mass edit my goalies to bring them down and I rag on my GMs to set up their rosters and line ups.
Then I try to do some simulations to observe the pattern of the game box scores. I focus mainly on shots per game and goals per game. I adjust the shots and goals slider to get a good feel for a weeks worth of games.

In the first few weeks of the season, I'm watching the scores, shots per game and make a tweak or two to those sliders. I also watch the PP goals and listen to feedback on injuries, penalties and fatigue.

I feel my league has been not bad. Overall, I feel the active GMs are rewarded (some GMs don't feel that way though lol), and the not so active ones are in the bottom half of the league. I get an acceptable balance of low score games and higher scoring games.

My top 5 players right now are (~20GP)

Nikolai Ehlers
Ryan O'Reilly
Alex Debrincat
Leon Draisaitl
Sean Courturier

Their GMs are among my more active ones

McDavid (54th) only has 15 points in 20 games and players with Brock Boeser (27th) who has 18 points. This GMs is not active and pretty much on auto roster and lines. I'm ok with that. I want the GMs who try to win, to be more successful.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.