Long-term outlook

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
legionnaire11
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Long-term outlook

Post by legionnaire11 »

I am in a league that has been using the same software for the past 27 years (HLS2 released in 1992). We are exploring the idea of transitioning to STHS but we want some assurance that we can remain on this platform for the next 20-25+ years. So I guess my question is what will happen if Simon abandons the project in the next 5-10 years, will the software continue to function, will the license lock us out, will Simon remove the license feature in a final update?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Long-term outlook

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I have been doing this for 15 years and I plan on doing it for the rest of my life...

If I ever decided to quit, I'll either sell the software to another owner or simply put the code on GitHub. But again, I don't see this happening because the STHS is a hobby that I enjoy a lot. :)
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
legionnaire11

Post by legionnaire11 »

Thank you for the response!
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

HLS2, it all started there for me as well! I can't believe it's still being used.

It's because of the work Simon has done that enables me to manage my league for 13 years. I wasn't ready until the upload lines feature for GMs kicked in :) No way I wanted to handle everyone's lines file!
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
vance

Post by vance »

SimonT wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:37 pm Hi.

I have been doing this for 15 years and I plan on doing it for the rest of my life...

If I ever decided to quit, I'll either sell the software to another owner or simply put the code on GitHub. But again, I don't see this happening because the STHS is a hobby that I enjoy a lot. :)
Happy to hear ! I've been running on the STHS since 2007 & plan on going on forever.