Line deployment & Ice time

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Line deployment & Ice time

Post by Owen »

Why does a forward line or defense pair get used in a game if a manager sets it to 0% ice time? I have six defensemen dressed, so three pairs deployed, comprising 100% of the ice time. Fourth pair is set to 0% I don't understand why they still see the ice 12 times per game.
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Line deployment & Ice time

Post by BeardCommish »

Always been the case - usually the 4th D-pairing plays 0%, but sometimes they get a few shifts. It's just like any other percentage - you set it to 30%, for example, and that line might play 33% of the time, or 28%. Games aren't an exact science, has been my view of it - meaning you go into a game with the idea that pairing 4 won't play, but they may need to a couple/few (or 12, I guess?) times.
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Re: Line deployment & Ice time

Post by JimToupet »

I see the same with my team in my league. The 4th d-men pairing should be disable at 0%. The only way that I would see the 4th pairing useful is if you want to play at 7 dmen and 11 forwards. That it's not permit in my league, anyway.