League Commissioner Etiquette

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
dechl
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

League Commissioner Etiquette

Post by dechl »

Anyone else's leagues owners getting spammed by [email protected] to join his league? None of my owners have signed up for his 'annoying' email list, so have to assume he is scraping GM pages for leagues that advertise here and removes commissioner addresses.
neely61
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: League Commissioner Etiquette

Post by neely61 »

it's been done to the vhl and pfhl that I'm in charge of a well and know if at least one more league
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by BeardCommish »

We pulled email addresses back when we started in 2020, when advertising around here was pretty slim pickings.

We updated it several months ago so as not to continue emailing the same folks, but all it takes is a "no thanks - remove" or delete the email.

We've done it 3 or 4 times in 2 years. I'm sorry you think it's spam, but we've had several GMs join from it. We don't intentionally remove league commissioners - matter of fact, one just joined us. But I remove everyone (save for one mistake, which was corrected) when they ask.

How much of your daily email is spam? I get 150 emails + a day and I'd say 90% of it is unsolicited. There aren't many ways to advertise openings behind this one forum, so apologies if it offends you and a few others. But it's not nefarious no matter how much you may think it is.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

BeardCommish has been ban from this forum for the next 2 weeks. Sending unsolicited email is illegal by law. If I see more complain on this matter in the future, I’ll ban him forever from this forum.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français