Tips for engine 2.0

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
Jaybee48
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Tips for engine 2.0

Post by Jaybee48 »

Been in leagues with engine 1.5, and 2.1. Anyone has tips for engine 2.0? Thanks
Dale Hunter
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: Tips for engine 2.0

Post by Dale Hunter »

I am always willing to talk about 1.5. Shot me your questions or thoughts on 1.5 and will respond.
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by BeardCommish »

2.0, to me, is the best engine of this simulator. It gets a somewhat bad rap due to some "randomness", but I find it's the most realistic engine to real-life of the engines available.

1.5 wasn't bad, but 2.0 is better. 2.1 seems to be too geared toward the best teams and best players always being the best.

2.0, again in my experience, puts the onus more on building the best team vs building a roster of the best players. There are always a few surprises, which is realistic to real life.

I'm sure others have plenty of strong thoughts either way lol. But in my experience, 2.0 is the way to go. :)
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

Like Beard said, it's unbelievably random. There's almost no point in paying a big price for star players with the 2.0 sim engine. Teams that are supposed to be awful make the playoffs. Teams that on paper should get 110 points can end up with 88 points and miss the playoffs.

One year in our league with the 2.0, Alex Steen won the Rocket Trophy and Tyler Toffoli won the Art Ross Trophy...
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by BeardCommish »

^^ That's not what I said lol. I said it has an element of randomness, not that it's "unbelievably random".

If all players want is straight fantasy hockey, then sure, maybe 2.0 won't be your bag. But if you want something somewhat realistic to what NHL play is like, while maintaining a simulation league style of game, then to me, 2.0 is the way to go.

How you build a team is just as important, if not more so, than amassing an All-Star team. It's also in how the league settings are set, too.