PK Subban

Any discussion related to hockey / Toutes les discussion sur le hockey.
RockNPucks
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

PK Subban

Post by RockNPucks »

Wondering what your GMs thought of the Subban trade...
would a n y o n e ever consider doing this trade, one for one, in your league... if you have Subban to start with?

Terrible day in Habs history
#Chelios
#Roy
#Subban
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: PK Subban

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

If we look at this with pure hockey eyes, MTL win for next 3-4 years. Weber is slightly better than Subban and his cap is 1,145,000$ lower. In today NHL world, the salary cap is very important because most transactions are blocked by the salary cap. Leadership and respect is also very important and I think Weber has more. Personally, I value the “Mark Messier Leadership” Trophy that Weber won this month way more than the Norris Trophy Subban won a couple of year ago.

Bergevin decisions are based on hockey eyes only so I understand the decision.

But globally, sport is entertainment and Subban is best in the NHL for entertainment so MTL is lost on this. But again, what does MTL fan what? To be entertained or win the Stanley Cup?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
RockNPucks
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: PK Subban

Post by RockNPucks »

Took me a few days to cool over this one, but I think Bergevin's plan is very clear: He's making a push for the Cup withing the next 3 years (but it won't be this year). I do not mind the Habs defensive squad, but its offense definitly needs some love. That's where it'll be won or lost.

Great analysis, Simon! Love the Messier Award comment...