Best time of year to Launch a new league

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Best time of year to Launch a new league

Post by Kitsune »

Alright .. I learned a early July launch for fictional league was a really bad idea... I want to hear what other people's thoughts are for when to launch a league.
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Best time of year to Launch a new league

Post by BeardCommish »

August - cause that's when we're launching. :P

I would think August/September in a typical year would be the best time, especially for calendar-similar leagues to the NHL schedule. But with things so out of whack, NHL rerate leagues might be a bit tougher right now.
mattyoung7115
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Best time of year to Launch a new league

Post by mattyoung7115 »

Not sure there is one at this point. I think the pandemic has lowered interest in sports big time and the usual excitement for a season is gone, especially since we don't even know what or when we'll have one.

We had 3 openings and it was really challenging to fill them. We never have this many openings at one time so I think there is some impact from what's happening in the world.