SHTS webclient mobile app

Everything about Third Party and Add-ons Programs; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche les programmes tiers: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
kaynoga
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: SHTS webclient mobile app

Post by kaynoga »

senshockey wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:08 am Throw this on the app store for 99 cents and you'll make $30+ per league. This is a great idea. Hopefully Simon doesn't sanction it like he's done to my past ideas. Keep it up!
I would download this immediately! Probably most/all of the GMs in my league too.
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by BeardCommish »

hscommish wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:13 am This is a great idea. My whole league would download it immediately for sure.
Pretty sure every GM in every league would download it immediately.

Gotta get this to market. There's a gold mine in it. :)
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

Any update on the availability of this app? I'm dying to get it to my GMs.
Goldi48

Post by Goldi48 »

Any update?
morinn7

Post by morinn7 »

Any update?
Savard

Post by Savard »

I want this too!
frank86

Post by frank86 »

Why don't you use the Webclient where you can do your lines from a browser from your phone?
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

frank86 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:20 pm Why don't you use the Webclient where you can do your lines from a browser from your phone?
Is it possible to do this if you don't use the dynamic website? If so, how?
frank86

Post by frank86 »

hscommish wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 am
frank86 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:20 pm Why don't you use the Webclient where you can do your lines from a browser from your phone?
Why not use the dynamic website along with your website you use? U can have have both and GM will be able to use it for the Weblcient
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

frank86 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:09 pm
hscommish wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 am
Why not use the dynamic website along with your website you use? U can have have both and GM will be able to use it for the Weblcient
I'm not familiar enough with using the dynamic website to run both. Otherwise I would certainly be interested in doing so. I'm also not sure my web host can accommodate both the dynamic website and our custom page (I think the way they were coded was different or something. Again, I'm not super familiar with any of this haha). I would appreciate any help/advice on how to set this up though!
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I output both dynamic and html and upload it all to my server. You can just put a link to the web client lines tool for people to use it.

If your site uses the html website then the files will be there. The dynamic website are a different set of files and if your website doesn't use it, then you'll never see them.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

ynohtna wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:55 am I output both dynamic and html and upload it all to my server. You can just put a link to the web client lines tool for people to use it.

If your site uses the html website then the files will be there. The dynamic website are a different set of files and if your website doesn't use it, then you'll never see them.
We upload the .csv files onto a web page built separate from the STHS client, so we don't use the database or anything like that. I don't know if that means we can't set up the way you're describing. Either way, I am unfamiliar with setting up the built-in web page. If there was someone that could provide a little guidance as to how to set up the web client this way, or if it's even possible, that would be amazing. I've tried doing a search of the forums but have not really found anything helpful.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

hscommish wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:10 am We upload the .csv files onto a web page built separate from the STHS client, so we don't use the database or anything like that. I don't know if that means we can't set up the way you're describing. Either way, I am unfamiliar with setting up the built-in web page. If there was someone that could provide a little guidance as to how to set up the web client this way, or if it's even possible, that would be amazing. I've tried doing a search of the forums but have not really found anything helpful.
You only upload the CSV files?

IN your OUTPUT folder, do you see all these other HTML, PHP files? I'm assuming when you output files, you're outputting all files and have the Dynamic web pages option checked.

You'll need to upload the contents of your OUTPUT folder to where ever your files go on the webserver for the Website URL parameter in the Output Options, Folder List tab.

Then the link to the webclient lines tool is http://<Website URL>/WebClientIndex.php
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
hscommish

Post by hscommish »

ynohtna wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:15 am
hscommish wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:10 am We upload the .csv files onto a web page built separate from the STHS client, so we don't use the database or anything like that. I don't know if that means we can't set up the way you're describing. Either way, I am unfamiliar with setting up the built-in web page. If there was someone that could provide a little guidance as to how to set up the web client this way, or if it's even possible, that would be amazing. I've tried doing a search of the forums but have not really found anything helpful.
You only upload the CSV files?

IN your OUTPUT folder, do you see all these other HTML, PHP files? I'm assuming when you output files, you're outputting all files and have the Dynamic web pages option checked.

You'll need to upload the contents of your OUTPUT folder to where ever your files go on the webserver for the Website URL parameter in the Output Options, Folder List tab.

Then the link to the webclient lines tool is http://<Website URL>/WebClientIndex.php
Yeah, we don't output any of the dynamic web page files. Our website runs on Windows, not Linux, so we can't use the php files unless we pay for another webhost and use the dynamic website instead of our custom one. We aren't super keen on that as none of us understand how to program and we don't love the default look, especially compared to our own page. Plus, the only person here who offered to help wanted an outrageous amount of money for basic upgrades, and as a start up league we didn't have that kind of money to spend without dipping into our own pockets.

I don't know if other leagues are experiencing it, but the Windows exclusivity is really hurting our participation. It would be nice to have a web or mobile app option that can give GMs access over multiple platforms instead of relying on just one (whether that be PC for the program or Linux for the webpage). I know there are work arounds, but they can be clunky and expensive, and still rely on access to a computer, for the most part.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

hscommish wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:29 am I don't know if other leagues are experiencing it, but the Windows exclusivity is really hurting our participation. It would be nice to have a web or mobile app option that can give GMs access over multiple platforms instead of relying on just one (whether that be PC for the program or Linux for the webpage). I know there are work arounds, but they can be clunky and expensive, and still rely on access to a computer, for the most part.
There is web option on the dynamic website. You simply have to upgrade your Windows hosting to PHP or move to Linux hosting.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français