Goalie breakdown during a game/period

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
GogTD
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Goalie breakdown during a game/period

Post by GogTD »

I've been playing Colorado in a league since a few years and I've noticed that some goalies have a tendency to have a complete breakdown during games, usually at some point after a period starts (specially Varlamov, which is kind of realistic but maybe not to that extent :D ).

When this occurs, the goalie is replaced by the backup goalie quite quickly (after 3-4 goals in a short amount of shots/time) as set in the strategies.

Since in-game fatigue does not seem to exist for goalies based on a few post readings, I've been wondering which of the goalie characteristics/stats were related to such breakdowns in order to best identify goalies who could suffer such frequent breakdowns and/or adjust ratings to better match this risk.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Goalie breakdown during a game/period

Post by SimonT »

There is no characteristics/stats related to such breakdown. They are just having a bad night.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
GogTD

Post by GogTD »

Thank you for feedback, so I understand this does not come directly from the sim engine itself to "decide" the goalie is having a bad night or, for what I noticed, an actually bad period as the goalie could have quite great 2 first periods with 0.95+ save percentage and falls on the 3rd period with 0.25- save percentage leading to the goalie being replaced.
mattyoung7115
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by mattyoung7115 »

I'm having this issue on a regular basis too.

Three out of every five games high rated goalies give up 4 goals on 6 or 7 shots within the first 10 minutes of the first period. I've got a sample size of this happening of over a month as well so I'm doubting that this is just a bad night when the sample size is this large.
Jaybee48

Post by Jaybee48 »

Yep also seeing this in one of my league using 2.1. And whenever its a low skill backup that comes in. Automatically allows 4 goals on 6-7 shots then starter goes back in.
DriveHockey

Post by DriveHockey »

Simple - put your settings to a point so the starter never gets pulled.

I never have a goalie pulled in a game by design.