Player/line rotation and in-game fatigue

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
GogTD
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Player/line rotation and in-game fatigue

Post by GogTD »

Line rotation has been said to be performed by coach based on line/player fatigue.

I've though noticed sometime a few "weird" things in early game minutes.
For instance, Line #1 would start the game and be replaced 30 seconds later by line #2 (both teams) at the first goalie stop.
A shoot occurs just a few seconds after (faceoff win, 2 passes, a shot, a goalie stop) and so it's not 40 seconds into the game and both teams go with line #3.
I do not think this can be related to in-game fatigue as the game has just started.
Is it just that lines are changed every time a stop is made a goalie ?

Regarding line change due to in-game fatigue, I've been wondering if the same kind of formula was used than for post-game fatigue and that players were considered as fatigued only after the total game minutes that their EN would allow them to play before getting fatigued.

As well, I'm wondering if coaches characteristics/stats could have any impact on line change (when to change lines, which line to play), even more when setting is set to disable coach in the league ;)
This concerns me a bit as we've got some teams without assigned coach and I'm wondering if this as well could have any impact when coach setting is set to disabled.

I believe we're using sim engine 1.5

Thanks in advance for the ones with some clue about all of this :)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Player/line rotation and in-game fatigue

Post by SimonT »

As you saw, engine 1.5 line change is not intelligent. This was change in engine 2.0 and 2.1 if my memory is correct.

The formula for in game fatigue and post-game fatigue are different. You can play with the setting of post-game fatigue but not in game-fatigue.

Finally, coaches doesn't have en impact on line change.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
GogTD

Post by GogTD »

Thanks for this feedback on the line change.

Regarding fatigue, I understand that we can change the settings for post-game fatigue regarding "target" time for offense or defense, but in-game fatigue is engine-related and cannot be changed.

I thus understand that post-game fatigue only impacts player condition after the game. Hence, it has impacts on player performances and risk to get injured for the next games should condition not be back at 100.

However, it's still a bit not clear for in-game fatigue:
  • is it like a random dice roll for the engine to define whether a player is sent on ice as fatigue
  • or is it player on-ice time related but with limits that cannot be set in the settings
  • or something completely different you may not want to explain at all :D
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

GogTD wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:32 am
  • is it like a random dice roll for the engine to define whether a player is sent on ice as fatigue
  • or is it player on-ice time related but with limits that cannot be set in the settings
  • or something completely different you may not want to explain at all :D
It's based on EN and the line fatigue. When a player is sent on ice, every second he gets fatigue that accumulated. Once he returns to bench, the fatigue slowly gets removed. At the line change formula, the STHS look for the lines that has the less fatigue with some look at with Line "Time %" value. The lines who is less tired get send on the ice.

I actually check the code today and a line should be play at least 25 seconds before it can get replaced.
-SimonT
GogTD

Post by GogTD »

Thanks for feedback.

I guess this 25 seconds minimum does not count with play stoppage since one line has been removed after only 6 seconds due to a goalie stop :D

I also guess the fatigue gets removed at a pace based on player EN and that, if player is sent on ice with still a few "fatigue", based on the remaining amount and the player EN, there is a "dice roll" to decide whether stats/characteristics for the shift are lower than normal.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

GogTD wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:50 am I guess this 25 seconds minimum does not count with play stoppage since one line has been removed after only 6 seconds due to a goalie stop :D
Correct.
GogTD wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:50 am I also guess the fatigue gets removed at a pace based on player EN and that, if player is sent on ice with still a few "fatigue", based on the remaining amount and the player EN, there is a "dice roll" to decide whether stats/characteristics for the shift are lower than normal.
Correct again.
-SimonT