The Value of Hits and PIM

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
Dale Hunter
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

The Value of Hits and PIM

Post by Dale Hunter »

I love the rebuild and when I take over a team I am always behind on the over all talent level. So I tend to go with guys that have high DI and a lot of them came with low CK. My thinking is if I stay out of the box I can shorten the game a little. Less time on the ice at a clear talent disadvantage.

Fast forward 3-4 seasons and the problem is these teams tend to struggle to score with that makeup. Even if the over all talent is much better.

My teams tend to be bottom ten in Hits and PIM taken. And they struggle to score at even strength.

Is the lack of even strength scoring form the lack of Hits?

Do I need to add a few more guys that will lead to hits and PIM?

Thanks
jroenick2797

Re: The Value of Hits and PIM

Post by jroenick2797 »

I would assume this depends on the engine, but...

We use 1.5 and I found that having at least one winger have a strong CK on each line (as suggested by Peeps in another post) increases both shots on goal and goals scored significantly (presumably due to creating more turnovers).

Ideally, you'll get high CK guys who have decent DI as well. Keep in mind physically larger players will hit more too; it's not just about CK.
Dale Hunter

Re: The Value of Hits and PIM

Post by Dale Hunter »

jroenick2797 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:36 pm I would assume this depends on the engine, but...

We use 1.5 and I found that having at least one winger have a strong CK on each line (as suggested by Peeps in another post) increases both shots on goal and goals scored significantly (presumably due to creating more turnovers).

Ideally, you'll get high CK guys who have decent DI as well. Keep in mind physically larger players will hit more too; it's not just about CK.
Thanks for getting back to me. I think that will the next adjustments I make. I am also starting to think its needed on the PK. I have guys that seem to be in the new Conner Brown mold. They have high DF number but smaller none hitting players.