Farm: Scoring much higher than in automatic tests

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
Savard
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Farm: Scoring much higher than in automatic tests

Post by Savard »

Hey guys. I just started our season. To find the correct settings for the farm simulation, I deleted all players on pro roster, and them did some automatic tests with the farm guys. I then used the settings found for the new season as farm settings, but scoring turns out a *lot* higher in a real season, and I wonder what the problem is. It's not GMs managing their lines better. Scoring is about three times higher and Dustin Wolf, who is one of the best goalies in our minor league got chased with 6 GA on 26 shots. Also there are no "Unknown Players".

The only suspicion I have is, that I maybe set the EN too low. It is at around 40 for most minor leaguers. Is that maybe the problem? Is in-game fatigue off during automatic tests, Simon?

Any other ideas?

Shooting is fine though. It seems to be goalies who are greatly underperforming compared to the automatic tests. Almost no matter what rating they have.

Thanks!
Savard

Re: Farm: Scoring much higher than in automatic tests

Post by Savard »

Day 2 and I reduced the "goals" setting from 56 to 27 and it had no effect. Still around 15 goals per game. I will try 13 tomorrow. Jonathan Quick (82 OV) gets chased (6 GA on 26 shots) and in the same game some guy name Hrenak (58 OV) saves 30 out of 31 shots. I don't get it.

@Simon: do Pro and Farm simulation settings interact in any way?

edit: I noticed that fighting is a lot higher than during my tests as well...
Savard

Post by Savard »

Another question for Simon: do the defending skaters influence a goalie's save percentage? As in they are allowing better chances? If you don't want to answer the question publicly, please let me know privately. I really need to bugfix my ratings. I spent so much time creating them.
Savard

Post by Savard »

Forgot to mention: it's the 2.1 engine.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I don't understand this statement : "I deleted all players on pro roster". You had all your farm players played as pro?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Savard

Post by Savard »

Yes. The Automatic test works for pro only if I am not mistaken, so I deleted the players the GMs had on their pro roster, did automatic roster and lines, so all farm players moved to the pro rosters.
Savard

Post by Savard »

No one?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Sorry, miss your answer on March 29.

I couldn't explain the result othen the range of players force in farm is usually way stronger than pro.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français