ADS Ratings 2022-2023: V1 Release Out Now

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
doogiski
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

ADS Ratings 2022-2023: V1 Release Out Now

Post by doogiski »

Hi All, I'm happy to announce that the single and multi-season variants of the ADS Ratings package are now available. This is the third year the ratings package has been created and each year improvements are made to bring the most accurate package to the SIM world.

For those new to ADS ratings. There is a rating applied to every player who has played at least 1 game in the AHL or NHL.

Changes for 2022-2023:

Multi-league players: In previous years, cohort bucketing occurred for players who played games in both the NHL and the AHL. This meant that a rating would be produced for the player based on which league they played the most games in for the particular season. This is changing now with a blended approach. Ratings are now created in both leagues for the player and then weighted against each other based on the games played in each league to give a more representative rating.

Ex: Nils Hoglander

This year the Swede played 45 games in the AHL and 25 games in the NHL. In previous year's this meant that he would receive a rating based on the AHL cohort. This year is means he receives both ratings for the NHL and AHL and the NHL rating is weighted at 35% and AHL rating weighted at 65%. His NHL rating this year was 67OV while his AHL was 59OV. This works out to a blended rating of 62OV.

Naming conventions: Just as there are two Sebastien Ahos in the NHL, there are also two Matt Murrays, both whom play goal. To work around this issue with regards to SIM the naming conventions for all 4 players are as follows:

1. Carolina Hurricanes Aho = Sebastien Aho
2. New York Islanders Aho = S3batien Aho
3. Toronto Maple Leafs Murray = Matt Murray
4. Dallas Stars Murray = M4tt Murray

Multi-season rating: This is the first year the multi-season rating package is available. It takes a weight of 70% for the current season and 30% for the previous season.

This Google Sheet gives a preview to a few of the top 10s in each category for forwards, defenders and goalies. It also gives a detailed breakdown of each player for the top two teams in each conference this past year (Boston and Vegas). This should give you a better understanding if this rating package is correct for you or not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Note: My life has become quite hectic over the past three weeks when I announced the May 14th release. My free time to work on this was cut drastically and it was touch and go to get this package out in time. Having said that, unfortunately my testing for playability settings are not ready yet. These should be ready June 1st, after I have a couple more weeks of testing under my belt. I hope this won't dissuade anyone from checking out the package, but if you need the ratings along with playability configuration right away, unfortunately I can't deliver that at this moment.

Like last year, the rating pack will cost $50CAD ($40USD). I accept e-transfer (for Canadians) or Paypal (everyone else).

Please let me know if you have any questions by DMing me on the forum or via email at [email protected]. I will begin sending out the .zip of the ratings along with documentation starting on Tuesday.
doogiski
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: ADS Ratings 2022-2023: V1 Release Out Now

Post by doogiski »

As mentioned in the original post, playability/simulation settings would be available June 1st. After over 60 seasons of SIMs to fine tune the settings, both 1.5 and 2.0 sliders are ready to ship. For those interested in the testing results, here is a Google Sheet that shows the results of 5 seasons simmed with the final settings for each engine compared to the results of the most recent NHL season.

To those who have already purchased the ratings, I'll be reaching out this weekend to send along the settings.