Fantasy Hockey Ratings standard (STHS)

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
mbastarache
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: Fantasy Hockey Ratings standard (STHS)

Post by mbastarache »

I took the Goalies and the players CSV files and merged them into 1 file to make it easier.

Download the NHL 2008 Ratings CSV file:

http://www.simhl.net/File/SIMHL_NHL_2008_Ratings.csv

For those that are interested in the CHL (QMJHL, OHL and WHL), we will be supply the ratings for those as well.

Attached is the 2008 ratings for the QMJHL. We will re-distribute the ratings at the end of pre-season, we will include the rookies that make the roster at that time and any other free agent.

DOWNLOAD QMJHL 2008 ratings CSV file:

http://www.simhl.net/File/QMJHL_2008_Ratings.csv

The WHL and the OHL ratings will be released in mid July. I'm taking a little vacation from ratings for a while. :)

I welcome any feedback.

Like I've stated before, all stats are based on real numbers that are cross referenced with charts. Nothing is made up in someones head.
dmon69
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by dmon69 »

Hi,

Very nice set of ratings and the simulation looks very good. Maybe just one point if I can make it is that goalies seems a tiny bit weak but that might just be the end result of the simulation. My question is what is the simulator settings that you used for your test run?
Yves
RFHL Commissioner
http://newrfhl.net/
Lucky
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Lucky »

Nice work..

But for fantasy league like my league, always looking to create rating based on last 2 seasons played. Why 2 seasons? i'ts simple, when you based rating on 2 seasons you can control a little better drop and up in rating and like this veteran players can keep value little bit longer. In my league rookie players have to wait 2 years played before having re-rate so in this way only few rookies can up from rookie to a star player after only 2 years..

Sorry for my english
LCH
CNGHL Angus

Post by CNGHL Angus »

Thanks so much for these ratings. Our league is looking forward to trying them out this season www.cnghl.net

We modify SC and PA by taking the last three seasons and pro-rating them i.e.

2007-2008 = 100% of G & A
2006-2007 = 80% of G & A
2005-2006 = 70% of G & A

Sum the above and Avergage = our SC and PA (using the scale created by SIMHL team). Suffice to say, we have to juggle a few things for players who are injured most of an NHL season (Patrice Bergeron for example). Mostly though, this prorating helps smooth out wild swings in ratings for guys who are hot one year and suck the next.

I have a question about Standard Coaches Ratings . . . has anyone used the same "standard" methodology to create a set of coaches? If so, please let me know.
lhsqf

Post by lhsqf »

Very good job !! best rating ever!
Prez de www.lhsqf.com
[email protected] pour joindre la ligue.