No trade options

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
rollollon
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

No trade options

Post by rollollon »

This suggestions is to help a league commish keep track of gms "over" trading.
I have seen that some Gms during an UFA process can, although already having a great team, try to sign players to have them as a trading value.
I have tried to make a rule against trading an UFA player the first year of the new contract but it is not easy to keep track of them all when trading begins during a season. So I thought that if there were an option in the edit player menu to click a temporarily no trade button which disappears when the season ends one year later would be a great option to have as a commish when you assign an UFA player to a new team.
If it is not possible to automatically reset this button when the season is over maybe a manual command could be used after the season to erase yhose clicked so that the player can now be traded again.

The great thing with having a button like this is that it could also be used, if a comish chooces to do so, to click on every player that is traded during the season if you would like to have a trading rule in the league that says not to trade a player a period of time after the player has been traded in the first place. All this to prevent Gms going rouge and cracking up teams too fast.
Remember that this is just an option, so it can easily be ruled out fort hose who don´t wish to use it.

Anyway, if anyone can see a good thing here, please state that so that Simon can see the interest in this.

Thanx :D
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: No trade options

Post by Str_QNHL »

already available..

No Trade clause

at the end of the year you can run a manual command to erase ALL no trade cluase
and you are ready for a new season

I use this in my league. all UFA signed get a 1 year no trade clause
http://qnhl.net
rollollon
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: No trade options

Post by rollollon »

Yes but the problem is when you also have "No trade" clauses that run through all the seasons in the contract as well.
So then you will erase them as well with this command at the end of the season.
I guess you can skip to have "no trade" clauses through the whole contract period and only use this function to have a one year "no trade" on all UFAs.
But in the real life players have them for the whole contract period.
So that was the reason I requested this new option. :wink: