FHLSIM to STHS

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
NAIHLStars
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

FHLSIM to STHS

Post by NAIHLStars »

My league used FHLSIM for as lng as I can remember and is transistioning to STHS for the upcoming season. For those GM's who used FHLSIM before and are now using STHS:

1. Does 2x shifting your stars work well in STHS or are you inviting 3rd period or injury issues?

2. How often do the #1 goalies require rest?

3. Any advice on ticket price setting?

4. Any valuable or painful lessons you have learned using STHS that you can share?

5. Any general comments on the transition and learning curve?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can lend. The new software looks interesting and much more up to date.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: FHLSIM to STHS

Post by Kramden23 »

NAIHLStars wrote:My league used FHLSIM for as lng as I can remember and is transistioning to STHS for the upcoming season. For those GM's who used FHLSIM before and are now using STHS:
1. Does 2x shifting your stars work well in STHS or are you inviting 3rd period or injury issues?
It really depends on the fatigue settings of your league. There is a great plateau system you can adjust to remove condition points after a certain amount of minutes are played, so it all depends on those settings.
2. How often do the #1 goalies require rest?
As described above, there is also a plateau for goalies based on shots recieved.
3. Any advice on ticket price setting?
Can't really help you there
4. Any valuable or painful lessons you have learned using STHS that you can share?
So far nothing yet. The manual is pretty extensive in covering everything you're not sure about or might have a question about. I guess the one thing it took me a while to realize is that the sim deletes the lines from your lines folder once they are loaded. That confused me for a bit lol
5. Any general comments on the transition and learning curve?
There's really not much difference on the functionality end of it, from the standpoint of a commish. If you could run FHL, you'll have no problems. Otherwise it basically has everything FHL didn't game-wise, and beats it hands down support-wise!
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!