Rerates - Players Deleted?

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
Skwid
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Rerates - Players Deleted?

Post by Skwid »

I just finished implementing rerates for my league and was shocked to see a LOT of players had been deleted! Any clue as to why this happened? (I used simhl's rerates)
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Re: Rerates - Players Deleted?

Post by Icepilot »

Players that were sent to the teams prospect list is done when the ratings csv file you use does not have those players rated.
The other problem as to why players get sent to the prospect list is the players name in the STHS database does not match the players name in the csv file. Example. Mike - Michael, Matt - Matthew, J.P - Jean-Pierre etc.
If there is any difference between the 2 the player will be sent to the prospect list and the rated player will be assigned to the unassigned players list.

The way to fix it is to open the STHS sim and go to the edit player page and re-name the player the same way it appears on the prospect list. From there go to the teams prospect page and manually activate the prospect. You will have to fix that players contract as it will have been reset. Also make sure the create as rookie is unchecked if that player is not a rookie.
The other option to do this is the same way as you entered the rates in the first place. It will create all the adjusted ones.

Hope that answers your question.
Skwid
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Skwid »

That much I figured out. The real problem is with players that didn't seem to get any NHL, AHL or CHL time. They're completely gone. (ie, Martin Straka) I've used this file in another league and it worked fine...for some reason, though, it decided to delete a bunch of players in this particular league.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

If the player was on the unassigned list then yes they get deleted from the database if they are not in the csv file.
If the player was on a team and did not have and new rates then he should have been sent to that teams prospect list.

Are you saying Straka was on a team and is not on their roster or prospect list after the new rates were loaded ?