Two Veteran GMs looking for 2 New leagues

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
Matt1337
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Two Veteran GMs looking for 2 New leagues

Post by Matt1337 »

Hey everyone,

My name is Matthew. My friend and I have recently decided that we want to join 2 new leagues. We have been in sim leagues so around 5 years now, both very experienced and have great hockey knowledge. Every year our teams are contenders and we always expect nothing less then that. Right now, we are both looking to join one league that will have a fantasy draft, where we can actually choose our own teams, and another league with the current NHL rosters. We want leagues that are just starting up now though. We like to make our own teams, rather then take someone else's mess and turn it into a contender. Please contact me asap, either send me a pm here or add me on msn, [email protected] . After I see how the league is, see if it'll be active, I'll inform my friend who is at his cottage for the weekend about it and he will sign up with me.

Thanks guys
nhlfhl

Re: Two Veteran GMs looking for 2 New leagues

Post by nhlfhl »

Our league may be somewhat close to what you're looking for. We are just starting out (we're 2 days in) and using NHL rosters. One particularly interesting facet of our league is how we handle contracts and free agency. In most leagues Gm's can snag up a player like Ovechkin or Crosby and sign them for life keeping them for literally years. In our league all contracts are automatic 1 year deals. At the end of the season the contract expires and the player goes into free agency available to the highest bidder. To retain the right to match the highest bid you have to offer the player a 25% or 100K raise (1 mill raise if the player makes over 1 mill already). As you can imagine, keeping the right to match eventually becomes very expensive forcing you to just outright let the player go as a UFA. Even with the right to match, you're forced to match the highest bid if you want to keep him.

Finances are tight in our league, at the end of each season the team owner takes 50% of whatever money you have in the bank, if it's less than 10m he will reduce your team budget forcing you to spend less on players, if it's more than 10 mill he will raise it allowing you to spend more. In this way your teams budget is entirely based on financial performance.

The combination of the two systems, the free agency coupled with the 1 year contracts, and the tight financial system creates a very realistic dynamic where you have to tightly monitor your team's spending and are forced to make some difficult financial decisions, just like real Gm's. Give us a look if you're interested.

http://www.nhlfhl.com/join/join.php
Matt1337

Re: Two Veteran GMs looking for 2 New leagues

Post by Matt1337 »

i'm not sure about your free agency i'll look into the league though, we are still looking for leagues guys I really want to join a fantasy draft league