V2 Update

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Eclipse
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

V2 Update

Post by Eclipse »

So let me get this straight, when I paid for SimonT Hockey Simulator + lifetime updates when it first came out I wasn't under the impression these "lifetime updates" would cost any more money. Also when I bought it there was no mention of a version 1 or the plan to build a version 2 which I would have to pay more for.

And I know there is gonna be someone that says "it's only $10" but its not about that, I paid for SimonT Hockey Simulator + lifetime updates, V2 is exactly that, an update. So why don't I get it?
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: V2 Update

Post by Violent Ed »

V2 is a completely different program. It is not an update to V1. You paid for updates for V1, which happen frequently.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Like I said when I bought it there was no mention of it only being version 1. And it's not a COMPLETELY different program. He updated it and slapped V2 on it so he can make more money.
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

Eclipse wrote:Like I said when I bought it there was no mention of it only being version 1. And it's not a COMPLETELY different program. He updated it and slapped V2 on it so he can make more money.
So when you bought WIndows Vista you really expect Microsoft to give you Windows 7 for free?

And it is different. Try running V1 files on V2. Doesn't work.

I guess the bottom line is if you don't wanna pay the extra for the NEW V2, then don't.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Violent Ed wrote:
Eclipse wrote:Like I said when I bought it there was no mention of it only being version 1. And it's not a COMPLETELY different program. He updated it and slapped V2 on it so he can make more money.
So when you bought WIndows Vista you really expect Microsoft to give you Windows 7 for free?

And it is different. Try running V1 files on V2. Doesn't work.

I guess the bottom line is if you don't wanna pay the extra for the NEW V2, then don't.
Windows 7 isn't Windows Vista V2

And I realize there are differences in the versions, that's the whole idea of an update. Not much point if you're gonna keep it the same...

The bottom line is I want what I already payed for,and that is lifetime updates.

Had I known all that meant was for versions 1.0.0 through 1.9.9 and that I would have to pay more for version 2.0.0 +, I never would have bought it in the first place. The sim wasn't called STHS V1 when I bought it so how would I know that there would be a different version that I would have to pay for?
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

But it's still Windows. Vista or 7, still called Windows so essentially it is just an "update" as you say.

Simon could have called V2, STHS Elite or something other then V2 and we probably would not be having this conversation.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

You're right we probably wouldn't but that's a moot point since he named it V2 ,meaning a newer version, meaning an update.
DHLB Commish
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by DHLB Commish »

While I sympathize with Eclipse I will give a perfect example of how top make this totally useless as a conversation:

NHL 2009 vs NHL 2010. Same NHL, different year. It is basically an update with a few modifications to coding and AI but you pay full price for the change.

Sorry bud but while I'm all for saving money, I don'T think your arguement stands considering it isn't an update. That said, if he stops SUPPORTING v1, then we have an issuebut that is not the case.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I see there is a V1.1.7 update

case closed :)

Anyways, just because you decide you interpret V2 as an update to V1 doesn't make it the rule. Simon can call the next version whatever he wants...

Updates are more bug fixes, not new feature releases.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
DHLB Commish
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by DHLB Commish »

Maybe he cshould have called it: STHS: BUGGEROFF as a name. Would have passed a message AND been a different program :)
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

DHLB Commish wrote:Maybe he cshould have called it: STHS: BUGGEROFF as a name. Would have passed a message AND been a different program :)
LOL
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

look at like this...

Windos Vista - It offered updates for a limited time for that version.... there are no lifetime updates period.

NHL 2009 vs 2010... in that case, NHL 2009 offered upgrades specifically to that.

STHS... when it was bought, it was promised with lifetime upgrades, there was no mention of a version.... which means that technically we should not be paying for V2. If anyone is interested in a class-action lawsuit.... PM me.
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

Or maybe Simon could call it quit.... That's what you want, kill the STHS ? Simon isn't a big company, he's juste a programmer with a personal project he's doing at home.

Get a life! You just lost more time on this topic than what it would have taken you to earn 25$ at work
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Eclipse wrote:You're right we probably wouldn't but that's a moot point since he named it V2 ,meaning a newer version, meaning an update.
Version 1 still is receiving updates to fix bugs. So these you will still get.

Version 2 is a whole new program.

Nuff said.