I don't understand the morale rating for the entire team

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

I don't understand the morale rating for the entire team

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

My team has had just an atrocious season with a 23-29-6 record.

Yet, my team morale is somehow 56? Even a team 11 points ahead of me has a team morale of 32. I don't understand. :? :lol:
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com
GHL Commish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: I don't understand the morale rating for the entire team

Post by GHL Commish »

Actually I have noticed that too in my league. My team does about as badly as another, but my morale is better. In the case of the other team(s), their GM was inactive and did not send in lines. Does that have anything to do with it? Actually working on your team while someone just lets the sim handle it?
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

Might be a couple of things...

1 - I do believe that players who never get to play see their morale go down and down...

So if that team has been on auto-lines, it is possible that some guys haven't played much.... so, their MO went down... so, the team morale went down, too.

2 - I do believe also that it is easier to go down than to come back up.

Which means that a team that strikes a 30-game winning streak, followed by a 30-game losing streak would probably end up with a lower morale than a team who went win-loss-win-loss-win-loss all 60 games long, despite the similar records.

3 - Finally, I do believe that leadership plays a huge role in team morale.

That means you may be losing games, but because you've got more leaders, the spirit is still good in the locker room!!!

I know no secrets so I might be wrong on any (if not all) of these three things. Just random thoughts on me watching my own league for the past 3 seasons.
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

My team has only 20 players on the roster due to the cap, so no scratches to bring the morale down, so you may be right on point #1. As for point #3, I do have 3 players with LD's over 80 and several in the high 70's. So you may be right there.

My team has also gotten itself to 3 games under .500 and has been playing its best hockey of the season since I posted this, so perhaps the team morale was an indicator of what was to come? My team morale is now at 61. Even though my team struggled earlier, the goal differential was never all that bad, which probably helped the morale too.
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com