The Perfect Penlaty Kill

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
PFHLCommish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

The Perfect Penlaty Kill

Post by PFHLCommish »

How do YOU build it????

I have struggled mightily building a penalty kill (We use 1.5).

I have usually tried to put high DF and CK players out, along with high DF defensemen, and also set my sliders to DF or PH strong.

Despite having players and setting that "made sense" to me, for years I always seem to struggle on the PK.

Those of you having success, what do you look for when building your PK?

Cheers!
Jaybee48
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: The Perfect Penlaty Kill

Post by Jaybee48 »

Its all mostly random. Just use your best player overall. Rating specific players never did any better for me. Had 3rd best pk last year, have 3rd worst this year. No idea why. Never noticed any difference with sliders also, results are all over the place, its impossible to find consistency in order to figure out what does what.
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: The Perfect Penlaty Kill

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

There's a team in my league (we are using 1.5) that has gone with 2 PHY and 3 DF for their forward strategy on the PK all season, while using strong defensive forwards who are very physical, and they are at 88% on the PK (#1 in the league). I have had PK issues myself and I will try this as I have a couple of physical defensive minded forwards.

The other thing that seems clear is you have to be careful in terms of usage. Are you using a top 6 forward on your #1 PP and as a key piece of your PK? That tends to be problematic, the player can't handle the workload unless it's a player with a huge EN (Endurance).
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com