Long time STHS V2 league has GM slots available

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
kirant
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Long time STHS V2 league has GM slots available

Post by kirant »

- I'm part of Flames Fans Hockey League (FFHL) (The name is pretty outdated, as our old administrator had named it). It's an STHS simulator league which has an emphasis on come of the casual aspects of the system. It runs with sim re-rates, but are capped to be low as to encourage development of players over time. We are currently in our 4th season. As of right now, we have some openings for interested users who would like to try out playing in such a league.

Re-rates in the off-season are done by player development (sim run), not by real life performance with low cap on changes per year, so that you can't have a rookie jump from 60 to 75 per year (the cap is 4 change, with low change over time). That being said, what happens if you make a mistake or one of your players has a breakout year? We also have a "rerate" system, where the GM can ask for their player to be rerated to their real life stats. This can be done every once every couple years and will allow the feeling of "late bloomers" to come into play.

We have a friendly and more casual atmosphere. We have a host of moderators and administrators who'll ease you into the league as this league. We simulate slowly: one day in our schedule is 1 day in reality. Another advantage is that we've had long term committed GMs. About half the teams have had the same GM since day 1 of the league, which I've found pretty astounding considering that it's been 5 years. We have a slow rotation outside of this, and we're hoping we can find some GMs who are interested to take the reins on some pretty strong teams.

Our portal page is:
http://www.flamesfanshockeyleague.com/<-- This league is using a old & unsupported website with full of security issues!

We have some great teams. Our most exciting teams are:
- Anaheim Ducks (Own one of the two Sedins and line him up beside Bergeron. Extremely deep defence with Seabrook, Seidenberg, and Hamhuis. Pretty much set up for the Playoffs)
- Boston Bruins (This one hurts me to put up as available. The GM leaving it open did a great job. Continual playoff team and currently in position for a deep drive next season. Howard in net, Krejci and Ennis down the midle, and Kessel on the wing. The rest of the team plays both ends hard - Ennis, Cizikas, Krug all know both ends of the ice)
- Colorado Avalanche (Got a bit of everything. Nabokov/Crawford in net, Brown/Lecavalier leading the charge, and a strong shutdown defence core)
- Minnesota Wild (Skaters include Nicklas Backstrom, Oshie, Doughty, and Yandle. Underperforms under an automatic coach but it's hard to imagine it'll last if someone takes over given all that talent)
- Nashville Predators (I don't now this team makes the playoffs, but it does. It has a tough, gritty, and has a good defence core with an average age under 28)
- Washington Capitals (Carter, Gaborik, and lots of skill. Hertl and Etem are ready to come in. Anybody wanting to look for ways to outscore their opponent needs no further. Youth in Kuznetzov and high calibre goaltending form Bobrovsky gives the team more than just scoring power)

Other teams that might be available are:
- Florida Panthers (Team on a rebuild. MacKinnon, Jordan Staal, Sam Bennett, and Zabanejjad gives a great centre depth while they're getting a team to play in front of Price)
- Ottawa Senators (Top tier playoff threat under the caretaking of a moderator)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (Top tier playoff threat under the caretaking of a moderator)

If you're interested in joining the league or just getting information, we have a forum page:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFHL/index.php?

If you join, create an account on the forum and contact either administrator (Finner, the Blue Jackets GM, or myself, the Blackhawks GM)

Thanks (and move this post if this is the wrong place to put it)
Last edited by kirant on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.
kirant

Re: Long time STHS V2 league has GM slots available

Post by kirant »

I apologize for thread necromancy, but we have some new openings as the season has ended.

Added are the Philadelphia Flyers (which, on auto-pilot, got to the conference finals. Headlining the team are Jonathan Toews, Nathan Horton, and Matt Duchene), New York Islanders (one of the best run teams period. Quick has a salary best defined as highway robbery as well as owning, in my opinion, the best prospect pool), New York Rangers, and Tampa Bay Lightning (with Bobrovsky and a good prospect pool to work around).
Kia

Post by Kia »

Hey I'm not sure if you got my PM but I'm very much interested in joining. Thanks!
kirant

Post by kirant »

We're heading into the draft and we have some teams ready to be drafted.

Some really good teams up for the taking. If you're reading this, the teams available are: Dallas Stars, Florida Panthers, LA Kings, Minnesota Wild, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, St Louis Blues, and Tampa Bay Lightning.

The playoff competitive teams are:
- Dallas Stars
- Minnesota Wild
- Philadelphia Flyers (Eastern conference finalists)

The teams set to be playoff ready are:
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Pittsburgh Penguins

The teams on the rise will likely be:
- LA Kings
- St Louis Blues

Project teams are:
- Florida Panthers
- Tampa Bay Lightning
SedinPower

Post by SedinPower »

I sent you Pm's and I am very interested....If you guys work on the shot gun rules I am calling the Los Angelas Kings.
kirant

Post by kirant »

Alright. We have gotten a bit of interest. Dallas and LA have been taken. Adjusting the last post, we have these teams left:

The playoff competitive teams are:
- Minnesota Wild
- Philadelphia Flyers (Eastern conference finalists)

The teams set to be playoff ready are:
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Pittsburgh Penguins

The teams on the rise will likely be:
- St Louis Blues

Project teams are:
- Florida Panthers
- Tampa Bay Lightning
Limerick

Post by Limerick »

I put my name on your waiting list for Montreal.
afhlcommish

Post by afhlcommish »

hey do you still have an opening ? email me at [email protected]
kirant

Post by kirant »

Opening night just started.

Most of the teams listed above are available. As are some great teams (Winnipeg Jets)
kirant

Post by kirant »

Updated. The Christmas holiday opened up some positions on some good teams :D
kirant

Post by kirant »

Playoff time. Some Cup threats are available as are some rebuild teams.
nick_33

Post by nick_33 »

It's a great league I've joined a year ago. For new GMs, it's always tough to know if a league is gonna be there for a long time or not. I can tell you this league is. We have however a few teams available. It would be great if we could fill those spots, as the more GMs there are, the funnier it gets.
Nicolas Lavoie
DG (et bon ami du prez) des ligues:
http://www.lhpq.net
http://www.fhlq.com
kirant

Post by kirant »

Draft is coming up. The teams listed above, for the most part, have a great set up as they simultaneously have had a good last season and have access to good draft picks. Many of the teams are set for success in my opinion. With UFA signings and some pretty big names (Pavelski, Kronwall, Sharp) hitting UFA, this is probably the best year in a while to grab a team from this league.
kirant

Post by kirant »

Season is just underway and a lot of change.

The fresh start means some late season changes in rosters are starting to take hold. Quite a few of the teams above (Washington, Anaheim, Boston) look set to do some real damage in the league.