STHS Dynamic V3 portal

Everything about the STHS Web Portal - Open Source Version / Tout ce qui touché le STHS WebPortal – Open Source
DGPrime
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

STHS Dynamic V3 portal

Post by DGPrime » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:36 pm

We have been using the web portal for 10 years. Sadly, it is becoming clear that bugs are numerous and that support is lacking at an unacceptable level.

We really wish to switch to Simon's official Dynamic website, but have no idea where to start. Since it looks like a general issue, maybe it would be best to have a place where the step-by-step explanation of the transition can be found. Maybe that place does exist already, but I can't find it.

Is there someone who can help? I'm open to paying for support at this point since I am not an expert in programming.

Thank you

SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: STHS Dynamic V3 portal

Post by SimonT » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:57 pm

Do you know how to upload files via FTP on your web server? f yes, you simply need to upload all the files from the Output Folder of the STHS on your webserver.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français

DGPrime
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by DGPrime » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Well, this is automatically done everytime I output if I am not mistaken.

Then, how do we access the website? Is there an option to turn on, or a specific domain to get to?

SimonT

Post by SimonT » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:17 pm

If you upload all the files from the Output Folder of the STHS on your webserver in the correct location, it should work. I do recommend that you delete the Web Portal before.
-SimonT

Owen
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Owen » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Is it possible to use both the Web Portal and that the STHS Dynamic Website on the same web server? Two years ago, I had a lot of issues getting the Dynamic Website to work correctly and was forced to abandon it. I plan to retry again this summer on making it function as an alternate source of info for our league members, while maintaining our original web portal.

SimonT

Post by SimonT » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:51 am

Hi.

If you can create a subfolder in your website, you can have one of the website run from there. To my very limited knowledge of the Web Portal, it already have a folder for this, the one where the Box Score are store.
-SimonT